545 Brush ave Bronx NY THIS LOCATION IS THE WORST UPS FACILITY I HAVE SEEN IN AMERICA HANDS DOWN AND I HAVE SEEN MANY.

I had an urgent package sent to me by NEXT DAY delivery. I had to work on the day of the delivery so before I left for work I called UPS customer service at their 800 number and told them to have the package held at their facility so I can pick it up after work because I didn't want to take the chance of not getting my hands on the package that day. Customer service did so and I received an email from UPS my choice stating that the package is ready for pick up at the UPS facility.

The email I got from UPS told me the package is at this facility ready for pick up and specifically said that I need to bring in a valid id and if i am not not the addressee that I need to bring in the tracking number. Thats all it said and no more. I get to the facility and I see 3 customers who were waiting by the side of the line for a supervisor because their packages had been mishandled by the facility. The customers were complaining bitterly that they had been there for 45 minutes waiting to be helped by the supervisor but the supervisor still never showed up and the staff member attending to other customers didn't seem to even care that they were complaining. On getting to me, I presented my state id card and tracking number to the UPS staff member and asked to pick up my package and he told me that they were not going to give me my package because the address on my id was my old address and that if I want my package i need to bring a piece of mail with my new address to go with my id.

I explained to the man that UPS sent me an email with what I was required to bring, I even showed him the email from UPS on my phone but he still said no. I asked to speak to the supervisor and then proceeded to wait with the other 3 customers who had at this point been waiting for an hour for the coveted supervisor. He finally shows up about 15 minutes later and when I finally talk to him and told him my situation and that it took me an hour to get there and there is no way I can go get a bill and make it back before they close and furthermore if I was told to bring a bill before hand that I would have brought one. I pulled up the email from UPS on my phone and showed it to him. I even told him, but I was told by him that what they decide at that facility trumps what UPS customer service says so basically whatever customer services says is nonsense cause they make their own rules.

At the end of the day I didn't get my package and this happened on a Friday, the facility is closed for the weekends and I needed my package for an event on Saturday and that is why it was sent by next day delivery but since this location makes their own rules that trump what UPS tells you in their emails I had to pay the price. Count down to when some one sues UPS cause of this facility cause companies get sued for a lot less

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. cezeoke stated that there is a room for improvement of inconsistent rules and disorganization. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of ups shipping. Ups needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned ups shipping in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Ups.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments