UPS was a headache from the moment of pick up, to drop off.As the shipper and receiver (I moved from one address to another), I am horrified with their service and would not recommend them to anyone.

The driver came out of my quoted time frame and still took my boxes anyways, and left only 4 tracking numbers on my receipt when I had FIVE boxes. I can't begin to explain how difficult it was over the phone to try and figure out the missing tracking number. (So basically one box was not registered at all, yet, it had been taken.) My roommate watched him roughly throw my boxes into the truck, and low and behold, when my boxes arrived at my new address there was damages in every box. I spent over an hour on the phone going from supervisor to supervisor trying to make a complaint about my experience and the damages, and their solution?

"We'll send someone to pick up all of the damaged items from you so we can conduct an investigation". Well, personally I don't feel comfortable with that at all. Some things are damaged yes, but still 'usable', and even the things that are damaged are personal, and irreplacable items, so I will keep fragments of them as they as such meaningful items. And why, should I, a customer who has had nothing but a horrific experience with the handling of my items, place these meaningful, personal items back into the hands of the company that damaged them.

In the end, I was told that they could then do nothing for me and would not even be able to record my complaint as without the evidence they can't make a file. All I wanted was for someone, somewhere to make a note about my experience, and act like they cared just a little. All in all I feel absolutely disgusted. Also, not to mention, I onyl booked with UPS (and cancelled a Purolator reservation) because when I made the reservation I gave my box weights and dimensions and was given a final cost.

I was told I'd pay at pick up by card, yet they needed my credit card number on file. Since he came and took my boxes when I wasn't home, I called after to pay via phone, and was told they would charge the final amount to my card which they had on file instead. When I asked to confirm the value of $427.32 which I was originally told, she informed me that that was actually just an estimated quote, and I would not know the value until my billing statement was processed. I said I wasn't informed that that was a quote but was told that was the shipping amount for my boxes based on my given weights and dimensions.

I've now had my boxes for over 3 days, in total a week has passed, and I still have yet to be charged anything, and no one in billing can tell me anything about what this will be costing me.

I would honestly not recommend this experience to anyone, this has been a week of headaches, and as I've been informed, I probably still will not even know for another week - I've been told to 'call back in 5 days to see if my invoice has been created yet.I wish that I'd never cancelled with Purolator and chose UPS instead.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. kmw24 stated that there is a room for improvement of poor customer service and delivery. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of delivery crew and associated monetary loss in the amount of $125. Ups needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned delivery crew in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Ups.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments