Aberdeen, Washington

Update by user May 10

Update: Image is of my latest UPS delivery on 5/6. Inside the box is a Piano.

Of course I did not accept it, the driver deemed it "undeliverable due to damage" after the fact. Obviously UPS knew of the damage at the time they did it. Instead of admitting it and immediately reversing the shipment back to the sender they continued to ship it and deliver it to me in hopes that I would accept it and place the burden between myself and the sender. To add insult to injury, I was approached by a neighbor that I do not know inquiring if I received my piano.

When I asked, "how do you know about that?" The answer was, "I asked the delivery guy what apartment it was going to and he told me your number". Absolutely unacceptable! It is not UPS's place to divulge to anyone what deliveries are going to my address, publicize what valuables are entering my home, or give the the exact location of where he may be leaving it outside. This is a serious privacy violation and potential theft risk concern.

The Piano was a warranty replacement and this nonsense cost me days of lost work waiting for deliveries and weeks without the instrument (invaluable). Of course UPS does not hold themselves accountable to the receiver.

Original review posted by user Oct 15, 2018

Item received by UPS on 10/9 to be delivered from Missouri to Seattle, Initial delivery date 10/12. The next day tracking showed the item in Memphis TN, A whole state in the opposite direction and into the hurricane where it sat for 24 hours.

Delivery date updated to 10/18. Item scanned in Oklahoma. According to tracking the package has now been on Oklahoma City for 3 days.

No closer to Seattle and doubtful it will even make the updated delivery date.

At first UPS CS suggested an error and they would provide more info later. Later UPS denies completely and insists "It will get there when it gets there." Standard mail is better than that.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ups Ground Delivery Service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments