Ups - What happened to my package?
Normally I get exceptional service from UPS. I know several very hardworking and dedicated UPS workers that take pride in their deliveries. Unfortunately, this most recent contact with UPS has caused a dark cloud over our previously satisfactory business-consumer relationship. I watched a UPS worker go to another location to deliver my package. FYI - I don't reside in an "honest" neighborhood, so that was my initial concern. Upon finally finding the correct building, he rang my doorbell. I was upstairs. By the time I could slide my house shoes on and get downstairs, he had already begun to knock on the neighbor's door. I was horrified. His response was, "There is no apartment number on the package." I could fly with that, but I happen to know that UPS and the company sending the shipment ask for contact information specifically for instances such as this. All those times you're asked for email address and contact number is supposed to prevent the UPS carrier from having to chance door to door in hopes of someone honestly redirecting to the correct location. And I'm almost certain the UPS carriers are taught these tricks in orientation.
Secondly, my package has been opened and replaced with tacky clear tape. The brown packing tape has been cut open and replaced with clear tape. I've included some photos of the condition of my package so you can discern the degree of professionalism for yourself and how carefully my package was handled. There's no hesitation about posting the photo because the address is incorrect, remember.
I'm uncertain why this was such a shoddy delivery, but just as I will continue to receive packages in the future with no guarantee who the shipper will choose as the carrier, I certainly would hope to not receive another package in such poor condition, especially having been opened before I receive it.
I won't know if the part was damaged until the repairman comes to attempt to use it, so I can't estimate if there are monetary damages at this time.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I have an expressed written submitted request for "signature only delivery with UPS. UPS is NOT to leave a package without my signature! Today for the 3rd time in..."
- "UPS are a bunch of cheap crooks. As you can see by the attached photos. they deliberately trashed my order. Now reading the reviews, I can see that they are..."
- "Bought a one of a kind guitar, with the certificate in a travel hardcase from Germany, which it was originally made in the USA, and what makes it unique is..."
- "Domino's.... I saw a commercial last year with your ceo saying you guys addressed this issue (see pic). Guess that was short lived! Too bad, ..."
- "This has to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. If I had not booked it through Price line, and could have gotten my money back I would..."
- "GE Profile Refrigerator Purchased 6/18/2009 Model: PDS22SISDRSS Switch, Light WR23X10429 Shows up NLM. GE told me there was no other part that would fit and I should look on..."
- "And here are the large fries that she got after going back......"
- "After seeing that a Cheryl B. from my small hometown had viewed a quote sent for pet photography I was able to see her last name. Curious, I have been..."
- "This company offers drop shipping on their sites so you can sell their items on e-Bay.com and the items never sells, all crappy stuff. You call them to cancel and..."