Ups - What happened to my package?
Normally I get exceptional service from UPS. I know several very hardworking and dedicated UPS workers that take pride in their deliveries. Unfortunately, this most recent contact with UPS has caused a dark cloud over our previously satisfactory business-consumer relationship. I watched a UPS worker go to another location to deliver my package. FYI - I don't reside in an "honest" neighborhood, so that was my initial concern. Upon finally finding the correct building, he rang my doorbell. I was upstairs. By the time I could slide my house shoes on and get downstairs, he had already begun to knock on the neighbor's door. I was horrified. His response was, "There is no apartment number on the package." I could fly with that, but I happen to know that UPS and the company sending the shipment ask for contact information specifically for instances such as this. All those times you're asked for email address and contact number is supposed to prevent the UPS carrier from having to chance door to door in hopes of someone honestly redirecting to the correct location. And I'm almost certain the UPS carriers are taught these tricks in orientation.
Secondly, my package has been opened and replaced with tacky clear tape. The brown packing tape has been cut open and replaced with clear tape. I've included some photos of the condition of my package so you can discern the degree of professionalism for yourself and how carefully my package was handled. There's no hesitation about posting the photo because the address is incorrect, remember.
I'm uncertain why this was such a shoddy delivery, but just as I will continue to receive packages in the future with no guarantee who the shipper will choose as the carrier, I certainly would hope to not receive another package in such poor condition, especially having been opened before I receive it.
I won't know if the part was damaged until the repairman comes to attempt to use it, so I can't estimate if there are monetary damages at this time.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "The pictures say it all. UPS crushed, dented, and put wholes in the NEW box with four ceramic heirlooms being sent home from my recently deceased mother-in-laws estate. ..."
- "Two chests shipped by UPS were destroyed in transit. UPs refuses to accept liability and bounces me to the local shipping agent, who bounces me back to UPS. UPS then..."
- "I shipped a Beautiful Bicycle which was destroyed by UPS over Christmas. This Claim was denied by UPS. They say a bicycle box is not strong enough to hold bicycles...."
- "I saw B-Precious advertised for what looked like a great deal. A mini session with a few images for $50. The old saying Cheap is what cheap gets is so..."
- "Since FIFA 15 Coins are not real currency, they have to be purchased online. Due to its virtual utility, it cannot be earned like the real currency. There are several..."
- "I ordered 3 items. I received the coffe cup fairly quickly, and the dog trainer bracelet approximately a week later. My 3rd item was a pair of black leggings with..."
- "This has to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. If I had not booked it through Price line, and could have gotten my money back I would..."
- "GE Profile Refrigerator Purchased 6/18/2009 Model: PDS22SISDRSS Switch, Light WR23X10429 Shows up NLM. GE told me there was no other part that would fit and I should look on..."
- "Domino's.... I saw a commercial last year with your ceo saying you guys addressed this issue (see pic). Guess that was short lived! Too bad, ..."