1.5
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

I had an 84lb bookshelf delivered because it was too heavy for me to have carted home myself. The UPS guy needed a trolley to get it from the truck to my apartment, yet did not offer to help me bring it up to the third floor of the walk up.

As I struggled to even get the package, which was as tall as I am, in the front door, he was pressing me to sign. Seeing that I couldn't even lift it over the lip of the doorway, he helped me maneuver it into just inside the front door in a very exasperated manner, grabbed the signature device and SHUT the front door behind him!

I was stunned. It took me a good 20 minutes to bring the bookshelf up the two flights of stairs, one step at a time. If I had the help of another person, it would have taken less than 5 minutes.

UPS really knows how to pick them. Add onto the fact that there were stickers everywhere that indicated that it was a fragile package and the corners should be attended to with care; the package was battered with half the tape already peeling off.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Delivery service.

Comments