Doraville, Georgia

MY EXPERIENCE WITH UPS AT THEIR UPS LOCATION AT DORAVIL GA.LET START FROM THE BEGINNING.

I WAS SUPPOSED TO RECEIVE TWO PACKAGES FROM UK. UPS COMES TO DELIVER AT 10:30AM LIKE SOMEONE WILL BE WAITING FOR THEM TO RECEIVE A PACKAGE BECAUSE PEOPLE PERMANENTLY GO TO WORK AT 12PM IN THE USA!!!!! OR MAYBE THAT IS WHEN UPS EXPECT THEIR EMPLOYEES TO REPORT TO WORK. ANYWAY THEY DON’T LEAVE THE PACKAGES BECAUSE THEY HAD A COD ON THEM.

THEY DO A SECOND ATTEMPT SAME TIME AND THERE WAS NO ONE AT HOME. SO I WENT ONLINE ON THE 4TH AND SCHEDULE A PICKUP FROM THE DORAVILLE LOCATION. I GO THERE ON A SATURDAY 5TH OF OCTOBER 2013 AND I GET A VERY RUDE MANAGER AND SHE TELLS ME THAT MY PACKAGE IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR PICKUP IT MONDAY. ALL THIS LOOK LIKE A ROUTINE UPS PROTOCOL RIGHT WELL IT GETS INTERESTING.

I GO TO THE DORAVILLE LOCATION IN ATLANTA, GA AND I GIVE THEM MY NOTICE THAT THEY LEFT ON MY DOOR AND THEY GO LOOK FOR THE PACKAGES. THE EMPLOYEE COME BACK AND ASKS ME IS IT A PHONE? AND AM LIKE NO SO HE GOES BACK AND STILL CANNOT FIND MY PACKAGE SO HE SITS ON THE PC TRYING TO LOCATE MY PACKAGE. I THOUGHT MAYBE THEY GAVE ME A WRONG NOTICE BECAUSE THE GUY IN FRONT OF ME WAS GIVEN A WRONG NOTICE AND THE PACKAGE DIDN’T EVEN HAVE HIS NAME ON IT.

THEY FINALLY FIGURED OUT THAT HIS PACKAGE WAS SUPPOSED TO COME IN SOMETIME THIS WEEK SO HE LEFT AND THEY THROW AWAY HIS NOTICE. SO I GAVE THEM THE TRACKING NUMBER FROM MY PHONE AND THAT IS WHEN IT CLICKED THAT I ACTUALLY HAVE TWO PACKAGES WITH TWO DIFFERENT TRACKING NUMBER. THEN THE EMPLOYEE AT THE FRONT COUNTER TELLS ME THAT HE WILL HAVE TO CONTACT THE DRIVER BECAUSE HE MIGHT HAVE PICKED UP BOTH THE PACKAGE SINCE THEY WERE GOING TO THE SAME ADDRESS. I TRIED TO EXPLAIN THAT EVEN THOUGH THERE WERE TWO PACKAGES I ONLY RECEIVED ONE NOTICE BUT I WAS TOTALLY IGNORED.

THE MANAGER WAS SITTING TEN FEET AWAY AND SHE KNEW EXACTLY WHAT WAS GOING ON. AFTER FURTHER DISCUSSION WITH THE EMPLOYEE IN THE FRONT, THE MANAGER FINALLY ASKED HIM WHAT WAS GOING ON, THE EMPLOYEE EXPLAINED MY SITUATION AND THAT HE HAS CONTACTED THE DRIVER ABOUT MY PACKAGES. THE MANAGER TELLS HIM TO TELL ME TO HAVE A SIT AND TO BE PATIENT. I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT I GOT TO THE UPS LOCATION AT 5.30PM, AFTER 9 HOURS OF WORK.

SO HERE I AM PATIENTLY WAITING AND THEN THE EMPLOYEE IN THE FRONT COUNTER GETS A CALL AND HE IS TOLD THAT THE DRIVER ONLY HAS ONE OF MY PACKAGES. I WAS NOT TOLD ABOUT THIS INFORMATION, I JUST OVER HEARD THIS PHONE CONVERSATION. FINALLY AFTER WAITING A LONG TIME, I ASKED HIM SO DOES HE HAVE MY PACKAGE? HE SAID THE DRIVER ONLY HAS ONE OF YOUR PACKAGES, SO I ASKED WHAT ABOUT THE SECOND ONE THAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO PICKUP AT THE LOCATION.

HE SAID FOR THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO TALK TO MY MANAGER. AT THIS POINT I AM WAITING FOR THE MANAGER TO COME TALK TO ME, BUT SHE DOES NOT COME TO TALK TO ME. SO AFTER WAITING TILL 7PM I ASKED THE EMPLOYEE SO IS THE MANAGER COMING TO TALK TO ME AND THAT IS WHEN THE MANAGER CAME TO HIM AND HE TELLS HER THAT I WANTED TO TALK TO HER. MIND YOU ALL THIS TIME SHE WAS THERE AND SHE KNEW WHAT WAS GOING ON.

SHE CAME TO THE WINDOW AND I TRIED TO EXPLAIN MY SITUATION TO HER BUT SHE PRETENDED LIKE SHE DIDN'T KNOW WHAT WAS GOING ON. SHE TOLD ME SHE DIDN’T EVEN KNOW WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT. SHE SAID TO LET THE EMPLOYEE IN THE FRONT COUNTER UPDATE HER. THEN SHE COMES OUT OF THE DOOR AND TELLS ME THAT SHE DIDNT KNOW OF MY SITUATION AND SHE IS GOTING TO GO LOOK FOR THE PACKAGE.

I SAID OK BECAUSE AT THAT POINT I HAD NO CHOICE. I HAD WAITED FOR ONE HOUR AND THIRTY MINUTES AND I DIDNT GET ANGRY AT THEM BECAUSE I WANTED MY PACKAGES. IF I HAD GOTTEN ANGRY AT THAT POINT AND MADE A SCENE IN FRONT OF ALL THE CUSTOMER IT WOULD NOT LOOK GOOD AND I MIGHT HAVE NOT GOTTEN MY PACKAGES. SO HERE I AM KOOL AS ICE WAITING FOR MY PACKAGES AND PRETENDING AS IF NOTHING IS WRONG.

SHE COMES BACK AND TELL ME THAT THEY CAN NOT FIND MY PACKAGE AND I WILL HAVE TO COME BACK TOMORROW TO GET IT. I TOLD HER THAT I WAS NOT COMING BACK TO PICK IT UP AND I ASKED HER CAN’T SHE JUST SCHEDULE TO HAVE IT DELIVERED TO MY HOUSE. SHE SAID YES SHE CAN DO THAT BUT SHE WILL BE COMING LATE TO WORK TOMORROW TUESDAY THE 8TH OF OCTOBER AND MY PACKAGE WILL BE DELIVERED ON WEDNESDAY. SHE SAID IF I WANTED IT DELIVERED SOONER THEN I HAD TO CALL THE 1800 NUMBER.

WHEN I ASKED ABOUT THE SECOND PACKAGE THE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ON THE TRUCK SHE SAID THAT SHE WILL CONTACT THE DRIVER TO FIND OUT WHERE HE WAS AND CLOSED THE DOOR. I CALLED THE 800 NUMBER AND I VENTED HAS *** AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE LADY HAD THE GUTS TO TELL ME THAT I WOULD HAVE TO PAY SIX DOLLARS TO HAVE IT DELIVERED AT MY TIME. AFTER GOING OFF ON HER ABOUT THE SIX DOLLARS SHE ASKED ME TO SAY ON HOLD AND AFTER A FEW MINUTES HER MANAGER CAME ON THE PHONE. AFTER TELLING HER THE WHOLE STORY I DECIDED TO GO BACK INSIDE THE STORE, BUT GUESS WHAT IT WAS 8:02PM AND THE STORE WAS CLOSED.

THE UPS EMPLOYEE INSIDE DID GUESTURE TO LET ME KNOW THAT THE STORE WAS CLOSED, BUT AFTER LITTLE BIT OF INSISTING HE LET ME IN. WHEN I WENT TO COUNTER AGAIN THE SAME EMPLOYEE WAS SITTING THERE AND WHEN I ASKED HIM ABOUT ME PACKAGE THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ON THE TRUCK HE WAS NOT VERY HAPPY. HE AGAIN ASKED ME FOR THE TRACKING NUMBER FOR THE PACKAGE BUT I DIDNT HAVE IT SO THE CUSTOMER SERVICE LADY THAT I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH GAVE IT TO ME TO GIVE IT TO THE EMPLOYEE. SHE AKSED ME TO LET HER SPEAK TO THE EMPLOYEE AND WHEN I TOLD HIM THE FIRST TIME HE JUST IGNORED ME.

WHEN I ASKED HIM THE SECOND TIME HE SAID "MAN I AM NOT DOING THIS". AFTER WAITING ANOTHER FIVE OR TEN MINUTES I WENT AND ASKED AGAIN ABOUT MY PACKAGE. THE MANAGER SAID THAT “IT’S RIGHT HERE". THIS WAS THE PACKAGE ON THE TRUCK THAT I GOT AT 8.15PM AND I STILL DON’T HAVE MY SECOND PACKAGE.

THE WHOLE STORE EXPERIENCE FROM START TO THE END WAS HORRIBLE. I WAS MADE TO FEEL LIKE I WAS NOT IMPORTANT, I WAS GETTING SOMETHING FOR FREE AND I DIDNT HAVE A HOME TO GO TO. THESE WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE MY ANGER AND FRUSTRATION. I WOULD NEVER USE UPS AFTER THIS EXPERIENCE.

I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH THREE UPS EMPLOYEE AND EVERY ONE OF THEM GOT TO HEAR MY FRUSTRATION. UPS GOT MY MONEY THAT I PAID FOR THE PARCEL SO THE DECIDED NOT TO CARE ABOUT MY TIME AND INCONVENIENCE. AFTER ALL OF THIS I JUST HOPE TO GET MY PARCEL AND HOPEFULLY THEY WILL DELIVER IT AT THE TIME I REQUESTED. THE STORE MANAGER SAID THAT THE PARCEL WAS SOME WHERE ON THE CONVEYOR BELT AND I THOUGHT TO MY SELL HOW BIG COULD IT BE THAT THEY CAN NOT FIND A BOX WITH TWO TRACKING NUMBERS.

EVEN IN AIRPORTS THEY CAN FIND YOUR BAG AFTER TWO HOURS. THIS BOX HAD TWO TRACKING NUMBERS AND THEY COULD NOT FIND IT.

This is a consumer market and customer service is a key but I think UPS has missed this by a long way.I have had better services at USPS and I hope the government end this furlough so at least we can get better service there.

Review about: Ups Customer Care.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

ciperformance
Newbury Park, California, United States #764354

Yes, UPS does indeed have the worst customer service, and many others are finding this out or learning the hard way more and more each day.