Insurance Quality
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

I began using UPS to ship packages for my business in the Fall of 2016. My new account manager, Hayden Kirschbaum, was helpful in getting my new account set up and always responsive when I had a question.

However, he did lie to me about one thing: when my invoices needed to be paid. He just said that the UPS billing department would call me if I waited too long to pay them. I was switching over from FedEx where my invoices were billed monthly, and I always paid it immediately upon receipt. So that's what I was doing at UPS--paying it once a month.

UPS sent me paper invoices for the first month, then discontinued sending them all together, so I wasn't even sure what I was being billed. Later, I received an email that Hayden was no longer my account manager, and that moving forward it would be James McCarthy. Shortly after that, I tried contacting James via email and phone calls--no response from him...FOR MONTHS!!! Finally, I had to go above James and speak to his boss, Dan Martell and, what do you know?

James finally gets around to calling me. It's so nice of UPS that they were able to rope me in by switching my business shipping over to them, and then once my account was established with them, they suddenly became unavailable for any help whatsoever. Finally, I was able to have James help me figure out how to view my invoices online, and what do you know? Hundreds of dollars in late fees because UPS requires their invoices to be paid weekly!

I went back to Dan Martell and complained about all the late fees and the lack of response from James McCarthy for such a long period of time. He told me they would do better and responding and promised to remove ALL the late fees. They just wanted me to pay for my recent two-weeks worth of unpaid invoices first, which I did. Then I look at my account and find out that they refund part of the late fees.

I called Dan Martell to inquire why all the late fees hadn't been credited back to my account, and his response was, "oh, I didn't mean ALL of the late fees, just some of them." I promptly told Dan that I was tired of being lied to and that I would like to speak to his boss, to which he replied that anyone above him that I spoke to would refer my complaint back to him, i.e. that there was no one else higher up to speak to besides him. I told Dan to close my account. Surprisingly, he didn't care to lose my business, even though I paid upwards of $1000 in shipping fees to UPS per month.

I moved my business back to FedEx and haven't had any problems with FedEx since. Lesson learned!

My advice for other businesses out there: Don't use UPS! You will get royally screwed!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Ups Account.

UPS Cons: Total lack of help from account rep for my business.

Comments