3.5K views

I know someone personally (regret) that often BRAGGED about how they would see on the delivery sticker what store the items were coming from and if they were of intrest they would OPEN the box! If they felt like it was their size or what ever else they considered they would STEAL it and pretend like it never came through UPS!

What a fraud and lack of respect for peoples money!! Ever since I found that out I avoid UPS at all cost!

I dont want to state names or locations because one day they will get caught but not by me. Has anyone else had this or similar experience?

Comments

My sneakers were never delivered, checked my security camera they never delivered the package yet it’ showed delivered, contacted ups and they don’t even want the clip and asked me to contact shipper what a joke

My UPS packages, from a store which is desirable to young people, are always -- for the last 6-8 months, over 12 packages, ALWAYS -- opened and things missing. This is from the San Pablo location in the East Bay.

Trashy, I know, but turn around for UPS employees is majorly high. Often times it is a first and last job for many future convicted criminals.

Ups took our package of Christmas gifts, claimed it was “lost” located the package a month later and delivered it after New Years. Upon receiving it our Daughter noticed it had been tampered with.

Further inspection would show that items were removed and tampered with, or I should say STOLEN!

They had time, the package was in their possession for over a month. We’re through with ups!

to K melange #1412551

They were selective about what they took. They only took the most expensive items and after a month they delivered the more worthless items.

PrototypeX

Same thing just happened to me, bought expensive shoes that sold out, package was intentionally cut open. I know they opened the shoe box too but did not steal the shoes.

That still doesn't make me happy though, they opened something that they were planning on stealing, something that is a Christmas gift for someone else. I hope karma finds them.

Bottom line DO NOT GO THRU UPS They are a bunch of liars and thieves. Same thing happened to me and everyone shrugs their shoulders and looks the other way Shame on you UPS.

Bought a gun from Palmetto State Armory and they shipped it out to a FFL dealer. Dealer calles me and said that they have the case but no gun and that the packaging was re taped. UPS needs cameras so they can watch employees because this is ridiculous.

Yes....UPS stole my SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab E tablet computer from the SAMSUNG owned repair facility located in Plano, Texas. I knew this would happen BEFORE Samsung sent the package with UPS.

Samsung ignored my warning. Now UPS Investigations is searching for the parcel that will never be found. I have to follow the resolution process in order for Samsung to reimburse me.

I get a new Samsung tablet computer via FedEx once UPS issues a claim payment to Samsung for the value of the missing package. UPS are a bunch of theives....

I shipped my iPhone to apple to get it fixed. Apple had me dropped off at a local UPS store.

Along with my iPhone- the store shipped total 9-packages- they all went missing. I called customer service, went to the facility and asked for help- in turn i get a horrible customer service. Finally, after not giving up- I reached UPS customer service via Twitter and get someone to call me- interestingly they person blamed the store instead looking for the package. Store communicated me that they had video to prove that my iPhone and other 8-packages were given to the driver and they have a video from CCTV camera.

So I called again and finally land a person who wants to help (YES- FEW Customer Service Reps are quite helpful at UPS-but Majority is not).

I also got Apple involved in this- but no resolution. Like someone posted here, it should have taken UPS no more than a day to sort out where the package went- but the UPS is taking its sweet time like my iPhone that I rely on for work is none of their business

You should really report this having packages stolen from you is horrible and that person should be stopped before they can steal more from hard working people. Honestly I find it to be extremely offensive that you would know of this and say nothing.

They took my $1500 gold after it has safely arrived all the way from Dubai. They send me out of three packs in a back one empty, which i believe the person who packed it is the one who took my gold.

New Albany, Ohio, United States #1032801

So this is what I learn,you used ups to ship your valuables from point A to point B their worker steal your stuff by the way they just caught one in Swan Island that stole customer Microsoft but I digressed,or they lost your package now I think that they should always keep a record of things that they lost or misplaced you know what is in your package so even if they pay you their $100 because they said they do not know the value of what is in the box and if and when they find said box or boxes they call you or email you and find out if what you said was in the box is correct and tell you give me my $100 and I will return your box NO they closed the case after they give you the $100 and then they auction off what they have in their warehouses and I can bet the first bid is $100 people that are bidding they may hit the jackpot or they may not one way or the other ups win they may get back what they pay you or they may get ten times the amount.Now people in name of everything that is just how can that be right and to be fair I don't think that they are the only one that does this.What do you call a company that lives off hard working poor people back people you fill in the blanks

Santa Clara, California, United States #954899

yes. Details are irrelevant. Suffice it to say that my box was delivered and arrived completely empty.

New York, New York, United States #911092

They stole my gold earrings and my brothers new deck top pc. I hope someone murders them and they have the worse life ever.

UPS employees do steal packages, had not problem with my packages at all and starting about 2 months ago my packages have been getting opened and retaped by ups and I have also gotten a few packages within last 2 months or so getting to the distribution center in my city and they scan the box for delivery but it doesn't go onto the delivery truck and instead into their car or they wear the item. That's what I guess happens since I get a few boxes getting opened and retaped everytime I get a ups delivery of 5+ boxes.

Victoria, Texas, United States #815290

I recently sent a damaged hard drive with many pictures on it(yes, I know, I should have backed it up) that are irreplaceable, to a computer repair center. It was shipped overnight and when the package got to the establishment the next day, the package was wide open and no paper work or hard drive in the envelope.

I am devastated! It has been two weeks and nothing has been recovered. You would think that within 24 hours, the item had only be in so many places (shipping warehouse, truck to Austin, receiving warehouse, truck to business). How does something like this just disappear into thin air?

Supposedly they are looking for it, but after two weeks, its not looking so good... Any advice on what to do? Can someone from UPS explain what happens when items are just floating around without a package?

Its bad enough that the hard drive crashed in the first place, but for it to disappear while trying it ship it takes the cake... :cry

I work for ups customer service I don't work at the centers, but answer your crazy calls. I Even work in the lost package dept.

So I hear everyday, the calls and its ridiculous the amount of people who have an issue immediately without any reason beyond an assumption go off on how the driver/ ups employee intentional did something to their pkg. Like its stated here already there is literally thousands of reasons something could have happen to your packages when BILLIONS of packages go through the system on a daily basis. Statiscally something is bound to happen, no system is perfect. You being unfortunately part of the statisc.

The majority of packages gets get Delivered with no issues. But honestly you can't win with people today, you try to deliver packages safely to them, but because the driver is held liable if something does happen to the pkg he takes precaution, he feels its not safe enough to leave for whatever being (weather,value, who the shipper is, high theft in area, or high number of claims, maybe there isn't a good place to leave it, or maybe upon factors not even decided upon by the driver, like required signatures, non secure or buisness locations etc) So he takes it back and will make another attempt. Then you call in on your high horse, claiming he's *** and lazy and is just out to get out you... Yes because the driver wants to make another attempt at your address, meaning now including another new load of pkgs he just wants to make another ride to your house again.

Or the pkg does get delivered and now its missing and here is the same call " why the f*** did he deliver my pkg,why couldn't he just leave a notice if I wasn't here to receive it? he didn't deliver it he stole it, he wanted my Nike shoes, or my qvc product." Trust me the driver makes a good living, with good benefits that he probably had to work his *** off for years to even get the position he would be absolutely *** and crazy to jeopardize it. Sure there is bad apples... With millions of employees that's statically bound happen, because we employee humans not perfect robots.

And the things like "ups customer service is horrible, they wouldn't do a thing for me they just asked me to contact amazon, thankfully they had great customer service and sent out a replacement right away" .... Because that's what they want to happen! You are Amazon's customer because you paid amazon, amazon then pays ups with their own account and special pricing. The reason you should contact your shipper in the event something goes wrong is because with a lot of companies they prefer to handle your problem as a customer 1st such as sending a replacement out right away or refund you.

Then those companies deal with ups directly to with locate the pkg and get it back to them or file the claim which because its dealing with business contracts and money can take a few days to get sorted through. Its not that ups is unwilling to help, its that we have contracts with these companies and these companies are our customers you are that companies customer so we have to handle your situation based on how that company requested. In most scenarios those companies want you to contact them so they can help you. Honestly the people that complain about these issues due so because they don't understand.

Rightfully as just a small consumer you wouldnt, but if people just took time to realize and understand the policy's in place by not only ups but the companies they purchased from everyone's life would be easier. More than half the calls I receive from angry disgruntled people, are not even warranted, they are just upset because they want something done special just for them. Like get their package sooner and earlier even though they paid for the cheapest and longest service. Or they pay for the cheapest service and want the driver to cater to their needs.

Keep in mind that the driver has hundreds more of the same service package and its the cheapest service for a reason. If you have urgencies and need special treatment we have service for that and yes its at a fee, because ups is a business. And keep in mind your failure to plan is not ups fault do not blame ups because you have a birthday present coming in but you ordered it last minute and now it won't make it on time. If it was urgent you could pay for higher service.

If you were worried about you should have bought it sooner. --- end rant

to UPS csr #876085

So you're a UPS employee, and you log on to a review site in order to describe the customers who pay your wages as crazy, without reason, and describe those who have packages they have paid to have delivered as statistics? Well, if that's how you think of your customers, no wonder people don't want you handling their belongings.

People are entitled to be spoken to in a polite manner.

They are entitled to respect. I spoke to a call centre agent this morning who lied continuously to me. I debunked every lie (it wasn't difficult; they were very obvious), and she had a new one just waiting to come out of her noted liars mouth. Refused to let me speak to a supervisor, and had no fewer than THREE different reasons for that when I called her out on her dishonesty.

Most consumers are reasonable people.

But reasonable people are entitled to be treated with reason. Customers are entitled to have complaints dealt with. UPS simply ignore them, as can be seen from your post. We're not interested in your whining and excuses.

You get paid to do a job.

Do it.

So many class action lawsuits against your wonderful employer for fraud, deception and theft, and you think they have a defence against ripping off their customers. Your word, as a defender of the indefensible, is worthless.

to UPS csr Houston, Texas, United States #885991

Sorry, your rant is falling on deaf ears, especially when the receiver is paying for the shipping. That makes the RECEIVER your customer, NOT the shipper, you twit. Lame *** excuses.

to UPS csr #1406585

***!!! Absolute ***.

Over 50% of my packages thru UPS arrive damaged or never arrive. I get up to 7 a week. So, I call ***. It’s a known damn fact that drivers and sortation people are *** thieves.

There’s investigations going on everywhere and UPS refuses to ever come off their cheap *** for the insurance to cover packages that have been “lost” and /or damaged.

Never had a single issue with fedex in over 25 years, and I work for Amazon. Never an issue with our drivers or sortation regarding theft