Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

I went to the UPS Corporate Customer Center to pick up a package that was held. The UPS Worker removed the sticker from my box and said that she needed the sticker. When I told her that UPS has a privacy policy, that states all tracking information is supposed to be electronic, she turned straight ghetto and began to try to argue with me.

I don't argue with the workers, so I asked for a manager. Someone came out who was neither a manager nor a supervisor. They thought it was funny, so I tapped the entire conversation.

When I sent a copy of the tape to UPS, they offered no remedy. I'm a small business owner. If my supplier information is given to my competition, that can destroy my competitive advantage!

UPS could care less, they have never responded to the complaint and the violation of my private information, I.E. the worker wrote down my drivers license number. What the heck! I firmly believe that someone, (i.e my competitor) knows I pick packages up from that location and paid the workers there, something low, to share my private information.

Small Business owners beware. UPS is not protecting your privacy or your mission critical data. A tracking number identifies the sender, their address, and how often you receive shipments. Valuable information to your competition.

Preferred solution: Stop sharing my private information!.

I didn't like: Private data was shared outside of ups, Ups corporate has not made any effort to resolve my concerns, Packages have disappeared from ups in the past refunded, Ups does not take small business privacy seriously, Manager thought it was funny and laughed.

Comments