April 2, 2011

D. Scott DavisChairman and Chief Executive OfficerUnited Parcel Service55 Glenlake Parkway, NEAtlanta, GA 30328

Re: UPS: Where nothing short of a direct nuclear hit can get customerservice!

Dear Mr. Davis:

Would you expect UPS to deliver a package at 11:59 p.m. to YOUR residence? Would you expect someone to lie to you regarding why a package has not been delivered given you had paid to have the package delivered on a particular day? Would you expect to know more about the business of UPS than its customer service reps? Would you expect a flippant response to your all-day/evening wait for a package?

Here's what I expect, Mr. Davis. I expect that if arrangements and payment have been made for a delivery to be completed on a given date that your company oblige and meets its agreed-upon contractual obligation. I expect that when I have waited at my residence an entire day and call your customer/tracking service center at 8:00, 9:45 and 10:30 p.m. that I receive a response other than "the truck is still out, deliveries are still being made for today and will be until 11:59 p.m." I expect that my request to speak to a supervisor be honored after I voice the request more than a half-dozen times. I expect not to be lied to as I was on the evening of April 1, 2011. I expect basic decency and common sense which clearly isn't so common within UPS. In other words, telling a customer you will be delivering a package up to 11:59 p.m. SHOULD spark a thought about basic business practices. Midnight deliveries? Pizza, yes, UPS NO!

The first customer rep I spoke with simply couldn't spell "cat" without me spotting him the "c" and the "a". I explained that I had paid for delivery on April 1, 2011, had waited all day and evening, and had yet to receive the package requiring a signature. He pooh-poohed my issue, my time, and my needs. When I stated I would never do business with UPS again, he didn't care. I called back, reached another rep, and was told a different story. Her version was that the package was "on hold" for no apparent reason, I was instructed to contact the sender to resolve the situation. The "situation" belongs to UPS, not me, not the sender!

My UPS nightmare started with a business sending a package March 24, 2011. UPS received the package on this date. On March 25, 2011 at 6:23 p.m., UPS attempted delivery. I was not at home. HOWEVER, I went online and paid via credit card to specify a delivery date which was April 1, 2011. I printed a receipt of this transaction. Clearly written at the top of the receipt is my address and delivery date of April 1, 2011 with notation "UPS cannot guarantee a specific delivery time". Again, I was at home throughout the day and evening of April 1, 2011 waiting for UPS.

I placed calls to customer service at the above-noted times. I called a fourth time to speak to a supervisor. She stated she had no idea why someone would state deliveries go to 11:59 p.m. She stated the package was "on hold" for unknown reasons since there was a charge noted with a specific delivery date. At no time did she state the "truck was still out" or that I should stay up half the night waiting for UPS. I told her I had been lied to several times by the prior two reps and that I would never do business with UPS. She stated she would forward the "concern" to a supervisor and I could expect to receive a call by 10:00 a.m. the following Monday. Mr. Davis, a miracle has occurred. Any company that screws up then expects the customer to wait for a call AND remains in business is truly astounding.

Mr. Davis, I challenge you to get my package (tracking 1Z038Y242911859264) in my hands ASAP, that you resolve your internal fiasco(s), teach basic business to your reps, and deliver an ounce of service. As I had experienced a similar outcome several years ago with your company and never sent anything via UPS, I reiterate: *** will thaw out before I will use your "service". Thank you.

Most sincerely,

Copy: United State Postal ServiceFederal ExpressThe Customer Service Hall of Shame Via MSN

Review about: Ups Delivery Service.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

I suspect that UPS is a terrorist organisation.They undermine the US economy and try to ship bombs.

This company should be raided by swat teams and put out of business.I'm not even kidding here...

nikalseyn

I can commiserate.I twice had the sad occasion to call UPS "customer service" and was also not impressed with the caliber of their people.

Both times I was told something I knew was wrong, just because I knew better. I suspect UPS people are trained to just give an answer, anything that sounds good, just to get you off the line. Like Charter Communications, the guys out in the field are very good, but once you call "customer service" you get the ones who cannot or will not speak English or know nothing anyway.

Try FedEx.That's what I do now.

you can't say stuupid on this website? thats ***

piece of free advice:

if you want a complaint to actually be taken seriously, avoid saying childish things like

"The first customer rep I spoke with simply couldn’t spell “cat” without me spotting him the “c” and the “a”."

it makes you look ***.