Update by user Jun 03, 2013

I did not and will not address the issue of other packages.The only package that concerns me is mine.

I was not notified that the package was returned to a warehouse and was certainly not given the option of picking it up. In fact, I called UPS to try to get information on whether this was a possibility and was told that no one knew any more than I did. Whether I needed it or not is of no consequence to this issue and is not for you, UPS, or anyone else to judge.

A service was purchased, goods were entrusted to UPS, and UPS failed to fulfil its side of the contract.I wrote to customer service, and to at least two of the company executives to discuss the matter and did not hear back from them (June 2013)

Update by user Jun 03, 2013

Original review posted by user Dec 22, 2012

On Thursday Dec.20, 2012, my sister sent me a package by way of UPS Express (Waterloo to Ottawa, Ont.) expecting it to be delivered to me by 10:30 a.m.

on Friday Dec. 21, 2012. The most recent update was at 13:43 Dec. 21 stating that delivery had been rescheduled due to "emergency conditions beyond UPS' control".

There was no mention of a rescheduled date or time. Firstly, there were no emergency conditions in Ottawa, there was a snow storm. People went to work, people travelled, people went shopping, and Canada Post delivered letter mail and packages, ON TIME!! A snow storm in Ottawa in December does not constitute an emergency, it means that traffic moves slower for a couple of hours.

Second, where's the package? It seems to have disappeared into thin air. Third, it's Christmas. I (and my sister) would expect a courier service to have extra staff to make deliveries and to work in the evening.

There is no excuse for the package not to have reached its destination, a few hours late maybe, but on the same day. We have no idea when, or indeed if, UPS intends to deliver the package. And fourth, I tried to contact Customer Service and was told that no one was working on Saturday or Sunday. Of course not.

Why would anyone be available at the busiest time of year just because that's the business they're in!!!?

This is beyond outrageous, it's insulting.UPS has lost at least two customers

Review about: Ups Mail Service.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada #659747

"Emergency condition" do not necessarily mean where you are. Sometimes there are emergency conditions along the logistical chain...auto accidents, railway issues, weather, security issues...hard to believe the world doesn't revolve around you, eh.

Clarabeasty
to narcissist Mississauga, Ontario, Canada #659752

If that we're the case, I should have been given an alternative estimated delivery time. You're full of excuses for them which makes me think that you might be UPS's idea of customer service. If that's the case, my sister wants a refund.

packhawk04
Saint Cloud, Minnesota, United States #659296

1.) On that day, UPS delivered packages. They didn't deliver yours.

2.) Your package didn't disappear into thin air. It went back to the warehouse, where you could've picked it up.

3.) Since you didn't go pick it up, you must not have needed it that badly.