Update by user Apr 27, 2011

well looks like UPS saw the light and is refunding my shipping cost

Update by user Apr 26, 2011

Weather was not a factor especially when NOAA reported the island of Oahu as \"DRY\" EVERYWHERE as in no rain fall in ALL THE RAIN Gauges.UPS agent says that they don\'t have to refund when \"adverse\" weather affect the operation.

However in this case adverse weather was convenient excuse for non delivery.And how does adverse weather affect the operation when your package is out for delivery...I guess UPS operations get affected when there is a light rain shower..

Original review posted by user Apr 26, 2011

Posted on there website as weather reason for delay of delivery package.Not a Freaken cloud in the sky!!!

Then to make matters worse UPS wouldn't answer the phone!! One hour on HOLD finally hung up. I paid 250 dollars for 2nd day delivery before 5pm... its 640pm and still no delivery.

What a bunch of crooks!! I will NEVER!!! Read UPS... NEVER use UPS AGAIN.

I will pass on to ALL my CUSTOMERS ABOUT HOW BAD THIS SERVICE IS!!!!! 250 dollars and NO DELIVERY for 2nd day air..

You not only ripped me off for 2nd day delivery BUT you NEVER DELIVERED...Isn't that what they call bait and switch!!!

Review about: Ups Delivery Service.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

Washington, Missouri, United States #955082

I ordered an item next day air from Amazon coming from Ontario, CA.The next morning I get a text message saying that my package is being delayed due to sever weather in the area.

I looked up the weather and its frickin 80 and sunny in Ontario. Are you kidding me?!?!?! I live in the Midwest where there actually is severe weather.

I can only assume a UPS employee forgot to pick up or drop off my package and coded it out as "weather" to save their own ***.Ridiculous.

"Posted on there website"

Stopped reading there. Fix your grammar please. :roll

Dark_Shaft
Seattle, Washington, United States #605335

the weather where you are does not mean there are not weather issues somewhere else in the chain.

aa logical scan takes place because that's where ups expects your package to be as the travel in groups, ups does not individually scan every one of the tens of millions of packages it moves daily at every waypoint calong the way. those would be termed physical scans and happen at certain points along the way.

why you m0r0ns don't get this is beyond me.

to Dark_Shaft Kansas City, Kansas, United States #612994

"the weather where you are does not mean there are not weather issues somewhere else in the chain"

He did, however state that the package was 'out for delivery'. It doesn't reach that status until it's actually arrived at the center and is already or is about to be loaded on the truck.

I just had my 50 dollar overnight package delayed because of "adverse weather" what a crock of ***!there is a tiny bit of fog scatered around and they just cant get the job done in time.

The postal service may have its faults but from working there I know for a fact that we would have to drive this package to a customer if it got delayed.

I have personally driven 140 miles one day for one piece of express mail that was guarenteed to be delivered that day.The Plane landed late, it wasnt our fault, but yet upper management agreed that a guarantee is a guarantee and they sent me for a drive.

Use the Postal Service people, when they guarantee and overnight package, they get that *** to you overnight!

Tracking shows my package was on the local truck for delivery at 9:23am...at 9:43am they report "adverse weather" and say my package is delayed. There is no adverse weather here today, it's a beautiful 80s blue sky day.....wtf is the "weather delay" 20 minutes after they load it on the local truck?

Here is an online chat I had with UPS regarding an "adverse weather" delay. Does anyone else smell manure?

---------------------------------------------

Initial Question: Can you clarify "adverse weather conditions" delay in Ontario, CA?

Maria C.: Hi, this is Maria C.. I'll be happy to assist you.

Maria C.: Just a moment while I look into that for you.

Bruce: Tracking says delivery may be delayed due to "adverse weather conditions" in Ontario, CA. This is crazy -- the weather there is excellent, my package is already there.

Maria C.: Actually that scan was not in Ontario, Ontario just report that information, however the weather condition was in LOUISVILLE KY,where your package is at the moment.

Bruce: If my package is in Louisville, why does tracking report that it is in Ontario?

Maria C.: Ontario was the facility in charge to report any kind of situation .

Bruce: Tracking says it left Louisville around 3:40AM and arrived in Ontario a little before 5AM. So you are telling me the tracking information is actually fiction?

Bruce: Here is what tracking says, verbatim:

Maria C.: That is a logical scan, that means that Ontario is the place where the package should be , however is not in Ontario .

Bruce: Ontario, CA, United States 04/04/2012 5:38 A.M. Adverse weather conditions.

04/04/2012 4:51 A.M. Arrival Scan

Louisville, KY, United States 04/04/2012 3:49...

04/04/2012 2:32 A.M. Arrival Scan

04/04/2012 2:15 A.M. Adverse weather conditions.

DFW Airport, TX, United States 04/03/2012 11:48 P.M. Departure Scan

04/03/2012 7:00 P.M. Adverse weather conditions.

04/03/2012 4:11 A.M. Arrival Scan

Tulsa, OK, United States 04/02/2012 10:12 P.M. Departure Scan

04/02/2012 6:43 P.M. Origin Scan

United States 04/02/2012 9:19 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Maria C.: Correct, I have the same information here on my system.

Bruce: So UPS tracking information is not very meaningful if it reports where the package SHOULD be, not where it actually IS!

Bruce: Why don't you just report that is was delivered and be done with it!?

Maria C.: Actually is meaningfully for us , because we understand every detail or different type of scans , this is why at the moment since we are having an adverse weather condition my best advice for you will be to keep tracking the package.

Maria C.: Because we don't know when the package will be in transit again.

Bruce: If "Ontario, CA 04/04/2012 4:51 A.M. Arrival Scan" does not mean that the package was scanned on arrival in Ontario, CA then what is the point of continuing to track the package? You seem to be telling me that UPS tracking does not actually track!

Maria C.: I'm really sorry, that was not the information provided, you package will be in transit once we show the next information , however if you need to confirm if the information will be "physical or logical" you can chat with us again or you can call the customer service number 1800-742-5877.

Bruce: Incidentally, the current weather in Louisville is also excellent.

Maria C.: Is there anything else I can help you with?

Maria C.: I haven't heard from you in a while. Unless you have more questions I'll go ahead and end the chat.

Bruce: Apparently UPS uses some sort of Orwellian doublespeak. I can see I won't get any further with this. I'm going to call my boss and them him that "physically" I will be at the beach, but "logically" I will be at work.

Maria C.: I understand that these options do not completely meet your needs. I wish there were other alternatives available. Do you have any other questions before we conclude our chat?

Bruce: No.

Maria C.: Good bye.

Maria C. has disconnected.

ups for get about fl

FedEx does this too...try reading the complaints at this same site.

You morons make me laugh out loud.

UPS does this to *** shippers and not have to pay a GSR.I shipped a package next day air to canada and "in climate weather" occurred in Lexington, Ky.

Checked the weather for that area, and not a drop of rain, snow, hail, anything along the entire route. I paid $90 to next day a 2 pound package and it took them 4 days. Then they have stones to tell me they don't owe me a refund?

Go *** yourselves.Fedex it is.