5.2K views

I recently had a ridiculously complex delivery ordeal thanks to UPS. I live in England, but the only complaints info I could find online related to US deliveries, and even that was vague. I called them and finally managed to drag their UK Complaints Dept email address out of them.

The address is custsvcgben@europe.ups.com and you should address your mail to the Concerns Department. According to the customer adviser who reluctantly gave me this info, they have a 24-hour call-back policy.

This is what happened to me: I ordered something from a website which uses UPS as its courier (so I had no choice in the matter). They didn't tell me when they were going to deliver the parcel, so I missed the first delivery. I arranged a second delivery, took a whole day off work - it didn't come. They didn't leave any note on either day that they'd attempted to deliver, so I couldn't track the parcel, and they wouldn't give me any alternative options to have it delivered or collected, so it nearly got returned to the sender.

In the end, my boyfriend managed to receive my parcel by an extreme stroke of luck - he was on the bus going away from our flat, looked out of the window and happened to see a UPS delivery guy knock on the door to our building then immediately turn and go back to his van without waiting for anyone to answer the door, so my boyfriend got off the bus and ran after him. It's utterly absurd that this is how I eventually managed to get my parcel and I'm really not impressed with UPS's abysmal customer service.

If you decide to complain... good luck! I'm determined to share the UK complaints email address now with anyone and everyone who has had similar issues, as they're so evasive when it comes to getting details of their complaints procedure.

Review about: Ups Delivery Service.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

They sent my package to a wrong address after I tell them the correct address no return call yet. they are full bag of rubbish.

Driver was very rude to me and felt very threaten by him . I have just lost a family member and did not need his rudeness .he was driving in Newcastle under Lyme staffs . Heading to chesterton

Leeds, Leeds, United Kingdom #1265477

Thank you for this info.I experienced similar problem.

I trade online in the UK and I import my stock from Poland. I ordered 6 boxes of stock and received only 5. UPS came when I was out and left all this stock at my neighbour, which I even do not know as I just moved in. The problem is that this *** neighbour agreed to sign the delivery so I didn't have a chance to check if order is complete.

One box of stock is worth £100! UPS in Leeds told, the delivery was signed, so they are done.

I have also asked UPS in Poland and also the seller to help, but all seems unhelpful.NEVER EVER USE UPS!!!!

I to have a complaint thank you for the info I can now send in my complaint and I will wait and see what happens. Thank You

London, England, United Kingdom #1234867

Appalling service. On the site delivery was scheduled by the end of day.

I called to find out how late they were delivering only to be told that the delivery was the next day!!!!

No one was prepared to discuss this...

Disgraceful service. Avoid this company.

This is a few years old so my comment probably won't be read by the person who posted it, but I'm very grateful for the email address. I've had a problem with my local driver literally forging my signature, and lying a out talking to my neighbours. Weird, creepy, unprofessional...

Ottershaw, England, United Kingdom #1219553

At least you had a knock on the door.I have been waiting for a delivery.

I heard something come through the letterbox. It was a note saying they tried to deliver but no one was home. No attempt was made to actually deliver the parcel.

By the time I got to the door they had gone.Less than a minute....unbelievable.

Kettering, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom #1204753

Thankyou I am about to complain with a similar issue.

Christchurch, Dorset, United Kingdom #1115819

Has anyone asked for compensation and succeed?

Thank you so much for this!I've just had a similar experience with a delivery from Holland which has now been returned to the sender because of a mess up by UPS.

I've been looking for where and how to complain and stumbled upon your post.Thank you!