Ok so I buy $600 worth of stuff online, some shoes and clothes and paid an additional $60 to have it overnighted for an event I had to attend the next day.I checked the tracking the next morning and said the package was out for delivery.

Ok awesome. Our UPS guy usually comes always between 5:30-7 and sometimes a little later so I didn't expect it early. I live in an apartment complex and at 7:15 I went outside on my balcony and to my surprise I saw the UPS truck sitting in the parking lot across the street. Ok good I figured he was just getting packages in order for the complex, and it now being 7:15 ish the time he usually comes.

Next thing I see is him driving in my complex and driving right out!!!! No packages delivered! I check my tracking they said right after that that the package was held for extra security scanning! WTF!

Why would u drive this package all around to drive it back at 7 pm? Then I checked it about 15 min after and it then said package was held another day by receivers request!!! Um that defeats the purpose of next day air dumb-***! So now I lost all that money to have it overnighted and no outfit for my event!

Needless to say I'm PISSED! I think the guy was lazy and wanted to go home.

It's just driving around and handing out packages!How freaking hard is that!!!!!

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

tm0330

We have ups deliver payroll checks,he has been instructed to come into our lobby dial an ext until someone comes to the door to sign for them.He has came in 3 times now let the phone ring 1 time hang up and leave a sticker that he tried to deliver!

I caught him the last time getting ready leave...i said hey where are you going? His response...I am not waiting around all day! haha he let the phone ring once.

I hope someone does it to him when he is waiting on his paycheck.wow what a ***.

Yep, it happened to me in a similar way.Even though you must give them your phone # in case there is a problem.

My package was on the truck... but they had not written down my apt number. per the tracking it was undeliverable. I called, was told it was too late to redirect and it would be on Friday.

I mentioned a simple phone call would have been the thing to do. I was ticked but nothing I could do. The next day, I came home from work, tracking showed on the truck again. 2 mins later, UNDELIVERABLE and no one even came to my door or again, phoned me.

This time I talked to a mgr though and I told him this was unacceptable 2 days in a row and I could NOT wait until Monday because I had a presentation to give and needed those materials. He did send the guy back out.

He looked sheepish and guilty.The supervisor though did handle it and did the right thing.