I ordered a package and paid for UPS shipping and I mistakenly assumed UPS could deliver a package to the address listed on the package - MY address.With what Im sure amounts to millions of dollars spent on tracking packages, tracking delivery trucks, and tracking the drivers that deliver them, including global positioning satellites, scanners, etc.

the one thing UPS neglected to do was spend money on training drivers to read the house numbers. My package, which contained irreplaceable and valuable family heirlooms was delivered to my next door neighbor's house. That might not sound all that scary, but in this day and age, many people do not even know their neighbor's names unless their mail is mistakenly delivered to their house, and I am one of them. Fortunately, she is a 92 year old woman who was born during the Age of Honesty when you did not keep things that did not belong to you, so she ambled over and delivered it herself.

Ironically, and perhaps more to the point, the numbers to my house are painted in BIG WHITE numbers that can be seen from the street; whereas, my neighbor's house numbers are carved in black cursive and can barely be read from her porch, let alone the street.

WORD TO THE WISE: when given a choice, pay extra for the confidence that you will receive the merchandise you paid for!PS: Please do not post replies that recommend insurance: I do not want to be financially compensated for a lost package with precious contents – I WANT what I ordered delivered, and if it is not too much to ask, delivered accurately.

Review about: Ups Delivery Service.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments