2015/01/06 @1030 hours, this date I had the unpleasant experience of picking up new cell phones, from the store. I arrived a few minutes after the UPS truck left, and I could see 7-8 packages had been dropped by the UPS driver. The employee/manager? was obviously busy moving these parcels off the counter, which makes sense, he does not know if I am going to steal them or who I am. The fellow behind the counter then decides he is going to make a mountain out of a mole hill, acting like he couldn't read the invoice, etc, and then I could see the driver has the correct civic address for the store on the invoice, but the wrong city, which really isn't that surprising this plaza sits on the corner of three cities, Coquitlam, Port Moody and Burnaby . Again, really not that dramatic of an error.

Following this show of indignation, I realized all this fellow has to do is scan the bar code! After all the huffing and puffing and turning the screen around to show me that the city is incorrect, he simply needs to scan the barcode on the invoice and verify my identity!

So after few minutes of trying to solve this riddle, that is obviously the stuff of an Dan Brown book, he manages to establish that I am the correct store, which I knew I was all along, but I played along. After a few more minutes, just like magic, the two small boxes, that have my new cell phones for my wife and I, are right at his feet! (Rogers are you listening?)

His parting words to me was that I was "Lucky", because if he had been "busy" I would have had to come back. Obviously the fact that I was the only customer in the store, I am not worthy of any service, if he was "busy".

Clearly, after I left he returned to the back room of the UPS store where he carried on splitting atoms and working on the "God Particle Project".

Sincerely,

Dennis

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Ups. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Ups to "customer service training".

The most disappointing in user's experience was ups store and customer service reps who make their own decisions. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Ups ups shipping for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments