UPS tried to deliver my package and I wasn't home. On the second attempt, I was not home either... Imagine my surprise when I look online and it lists my name as having signed for it. So the driver decided to sign MY NAME (seems illegal) and just leave my brand new 50inch flat screen on my shared porch in the heart of San Francisco in the middle of the day.

I called UPS and they said to take it up with the shipper. UPS blows and I need to figure out how to get my money back...

How does UPS stay in business? I have read a bunch of accounts of similar situations of the driver signing for thins himself or letting some rando sign for it. I can't believe this is allowed to go on. How about calling me and asking? How about you give a time window that you will deliver the package so I CAN be home. How about you deliver on Saturdays. Some of us work during the week for money to buy TVs instead of stealing them.

I guess LOGISTICS are the name of the game. Delivery time goes down when you just leave flat screens on the doorstep in major metropolitan areas.

Review about: Ups Account.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

Nick1346
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States #691989

Well I certainly can't defend them forging your signature!!!I've never heard of this before!

Although, they do give you a two hour window if you sign up for their service called My Choice. They don't deliver Ground packages on Saturday because there's a thing called a "day off" for the drivers. The drivers work all day M-F.

Select unlucky drivers alternate Saturdays.Have your package delivered somewhere where someone can sign for a package.