Turnaround Time

When ordering my grandson's birth certificate from Vital Chek (that's another story) I was offered the option of expedited service via UPS next day air.I chose the option, the only one offered and paid $18.00 for the service, even though the distance between the vital records office that generated the certificate is a mere 11 miles from my home.

After speaking with a lady at Vital Statistics she assured me she would do all in her power to get the certificate to me the next day, as I had an appointment at the Miami passport office to get a passport for my grandson on Monday. She emailed me at 1:25 pm, having generated the shipping label at that time, and provided me with the tracking number. I later checked and found out it was at the UPD hub at 8:05, and sorted for delivery on Monday at 8:19. I contacted UPD live chat (Billy L) and was given the story that next day meant next business day, but after 45 minutes of interaction, was told I could pick up the certificate Sat between 10 am and 1pm at the hub, but I needed to call at 10 am.

I canceled my $1200.00 charter so I would be able to call and pick it up. When I called at 10, I spent 15 minutes with Cheryl on the phone, asking for someone with the authority to solve my issue, to no avail, and she hung up on me. I called back, and spoke with Erica in VA, who placed me on hold for 20 minutes while trying to locate her boss (at least she checked back twice to make sure I hadn't hung up).

Her boss then put me on hold allegedly to call the hub, and returned saying there was nothing she could do and have a nice day.I will never use UPS for anything again and encourage everyone to use fed-ex instead.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any) as the author lost $1218. captrw is overall dissatisfied with Ups. The most disappointing about ups pick up service at Ups was incompetent staff Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Ups.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments