Feb 2010: Arranged for AUTHORIZED return to Plow and Hearth. Plow and Hearth arranged the shipment because they were supposed to pay. UPS Freight driver arrives and says he needs a "Bill of Lading" filled out. I don't know how to fill it out, they gave me no instructions to go with the form, so I get the driver to assist me and for part of it he calls his Alabama office.

April 2010: UPS Freight starts sending me a bill for over $900!! The furniture cost around $600. They said because "prepaid" was marked (at their direction) that made ME liable for the shipment. I responded that it was their mistake, deal with it.

Throughout 2010 they kept sending me a bill.

Feb 2011: Letter from lawyer trying to collect the bill for UPS Freight!! I will send him a copy of the letter I sent UPS last year and the letter I am sending to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services and Federal Trade Commission.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

It doesn't sound like your problem is with UPS at all.Plow & Hearth obviously screwed this up and are refusing to correct their mistake.

Someone has to pay UPS, and I'm sure they're sending bills to both you and Plow & Hearth.What does P & H say??