1.1K views

I mailed a package using UPS online and reported the dimensions as 44 x 36 x 5" (it weighed 21# but was 41# by dimensional weight).Several days later I received a Notice from UPS for additional charges to my credit card because they claim my package was 44 x 36 x 7" thereby increasing dimensional weight to 57+#.

In actuality, the package was 44 x 36 x 4.5" and I still have part of the box to prove this (originally the box was too long so I cut down the length). I will contest this with UPS and my credit card company, but no doubt they are doing this to others as well.

This calls for a class action suit!!

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

Leesburg, Florida, United States #1345168

I went to the UPS store and purchased a 30x24x6 box but when I shipped it thru the same store it grew to 7 inches after it was delivered!Got a "credit card billing adjustment" notice by email!

I called and was put on hold for 23 min because " we are experiencing extremely high call volume". LOL! Stop cheating people and you won't have the high call volume, dufus! Or hire more service reps to handle your lyin and cheatin.

Mine told me they would remove the charge as a "one time courtesy". It will be a very cold day in *** before I ship thru this ripoff shipper.

Hey UPS!U suck!

That logic makes no sense. Because if pressure on box increases width, it should also reduce height cancelling that difference change out

There still doing this and I'm actually looking into others that may have had this happen to them please email me at NhGiftBaskets@me.com if UPS has corrected shipments due to a claim of incorrect dimensions.

Just caught UPS fraudulently increasing the size of a 3 days select.They added 8 inches in height.

Added cost is $50.43

$50.43 x 10,000,000 shippers world wide per week = 2,017,200.00 per month added fraudulent income.

Don't sit there and tell me a 400lb strength double sided box grows 8 inches because of abuse.This fraud is happening every week now and it's getting old.

Hey Speed, I think you've taken one too mnay hits to the head by Chim Chim...

Of course boxes can bulge when OTHER packages are placed on it. Did you think your package was so special it would travel cross country all by itself?

Packages are stacked in trucks, and ride in package cars and on dollies, at some point another package will come in contact with yours. Make sure YOURS is packed properly and with sufficient materials to minimize compaction/compression, ie don't use newspaper, tissue paper or worst of all, nothing at all.

After packing your item measure your box at its widest parts, along all three dimensions. Trusting that a parcel is the size a box has printed on the bottom, or taking a cursory measurement at one point on your box, is not going to be sufficient. And falsifying the information could be considered fraud on your part, you should be happy all you get is a charge for the correct dimensional size.

to Raxcer X #991677

The real problem is they are measuring by laser not human.we had 4 identical boxes go out in one billing week.

they measured them at 4 different sizes adding $9.00 to each box.

when challenged they admitted that one of the boxes had been manually audited and found to be less than we had listed not more.They instantly removed that overcharge but refused to do it for the remaining 3 even though we can prove that they are all the same.

This is a tremendous rip off of the business cimmunity and the consumer in the form of higher cost.

21 dollars for cross country shipment...don't know the competitors prices but doesn't sound bad considering what it would cost in gas to drive down and back. 21 dollars is only 5 gallons of gas. put things into perspective people

$21.44 for a 1.1 pound package, five days, colorado to florida. DON't USE UPS!!! UPS SUCKS and is a Rip Off!!!

I have the same issue.I shipped a snowboard out after selling it on ebay.

I typed everything into the computer even added an inch on width, length and height to make sure i dont get into trouble or anything and now i get an email that they charged me an additional $50 because suddenly it gained 3 inches in length and 3 in width and 3 in height. I got this email saturday so i called them noone could help me and thebilling department was supposedly closed. tonight on a sunday at 11 pm i get an answer from their customer service that its the dimensions and thats why im getting charged. thanks to them i will get an overdraft fee because even though noone is supposedly working they could charge my card this weekend.

I will call them tomorrow morning and *** them out. i am livid. they better refund me my money.

i even switched to ups from usps because it was 5 bucks cheaper or 45 bucks more expensive now.absolutely the worst company ever

#204506

The box bulged when another box was placed on top of it and the customer was charged more?You have got to be kidding!

Now UPS charges you for flattening your packages!

What I love is the surcharges, for fuel, residential, delivery area, etc.I recently shipped a $35 package of which $14 was in surcharges!!!