Since Apple will only send iPhones out to the address on file with your phone carrier, and since we cannot get home delivery of mail here, instead having a cluster box as the end of the road forced upon us by USPS, I called Apple to have my street address added to the shipping. They can't per AT&T and suggest I call UPS and let them know the address so they can deliver it.

I tried, UPS said I had to call Apple, which said I had to call UPS. Well delivery time came and I got a call from UPS asking where they can deliver it, TOMORROW or the NEXT DAY, or I could drive in and pick it up there (to save them time and money). Tracking info says: "Your package cannot be delivered to a P.O. box. We're attempting to obtain an alternate delivery address."

Had they taken my directions in the first place, they would not have to call and ask. Some might say, well they had to make sure, well they had my caller ID just like the manager at the station had, and when told about what transpired, her remarks were, yep, I had 1500 packages to look up today, and Corporate just wants to make my job harder. Funny how FedEx doesn't have the problem taking the info. Complaints have now been filed with UPS CEO and Apple CEO, hopefully they can either fix it, or go back to FedEx. Not to mention the route it took to deliver it, included an unnecessary extra 4,800 miles over what it should have taken.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments