Resolved
1.5

UPS

Monday 10/13/14 Arranged to ship package to Chicago from Jackson UPS Store #1818-delivery Thurs 10/16/14

Tracking #1Z61A0R11216461282 Cost $65.98

Tuesday 10/14/14 Checked Tracking and it showed delivery to be Friday 10/17/14

Contacted UPS Customer Service and confirmed delivery scheduled for Friday 10/17/14 due to “Sorting” issue

Wednesday 10/15/14 Contacted Jackson UPS Store #1818 to gather information regarding refund and again confirmed delivery scheduled for Friday 10/17/14

Package contents were supplies and equipment necessary for Food Demo scheduled for Thursday 10/16/14. Given the information that the supplies and equipment I shipped would not be available to me, it was necessary that I make other arrangements for this. At an additional expense of $38.00 I was able to get what was needed for the food demo.

Thursday 10/16/14 I called UPS Customer Service to change delivery as it was scheduled to arrive too late to be of use-I was told that package now scheduled to arrive “on time” Thursday 10/16/14. asked to speak with supervisor to confirm this and was told by Supervisor that he apologized for “my misunderstanding” and yes the package would arrive Thursday 10/16/14. There was no “misunderstanding” on Tuesday the UPS website clearly listed package delivery to be Friday, confirmed by customer service rep on Tuesday, confirmed by UPS Store #1818 on Wednesday.

The issue here is not when the package arrived but the fact that I was given inaccurate information to deal with and had to make alternative plans based on that information. That information was that the package would arrive on Friday-clearly too late for my Thursday demo. That the package did arrive as originally scheluded has no meaning because my information was that it would not.

UPS did not provide the service I paid for in that I had inaccurate information for two days and had to work off that information. It was necessary that I make arrangements for supplies and equipment that negated the need for the package because that is the information I was given.

This was a disappointing performace by UPS, my interaction with customer service on both occasions was unsatisfactory and it is also disappointing that there was never any follow-up customer service by UPS.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

Logan, Utah, United States #902833

UPS contacted me to issue refund. I consider this to be resolved.