UPS delivered a new lawn mower I had ordered online.Since there were no cars in the driveway and the UPS driver was apparently in a hurry, he didn't bother to check to see if I was home, nor did he bother to notice the eight security cameras recording his every move.

He hoisted the box over my six foot gate & let it go! He couldn't see what was on the other side of the gate but obviously didn't care. He missed a classic show car by inches but broke the mower's fall with a portable air compressor that was behind the gate. The mower was packed extremely well so it survived, my gate and compressor were both damaged.

No response to my complaint. Thanks UPS!

Apparently I was extremely lucky as it could have been much worse.UPS doesn't care because they don't need to.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

Wichita, Kansas, United States #877878

Where is the footage from the security cameras to back up this claim?

jpariz
to Dave #877897

Dave; Please forgive me for being unaware that you required proof of my claims.However to answer your question the footage is still on my DVR hard drive.

To avoid further distress I will archive them to a DVD and upload them to Youtube. You can download the videos from there then send them to the forensic lab of your choice to verify authenticity.

Oh wait, I could just get a UPS truck somewhere, hire an actor that looks identical to the UPS employee, dress him up in a UPS uniform and have him act out the scenario exactly as I described...

record it from several angles and claim that was the actual event.Since that would be so simple and easy my claims are invalid and I should be ashamed of myself for writing such a derogatory statement about a perfect company that is merely there to serve the public.

to jpariz Wichita, Kansas, United States #877946

Getting a little too defensive, are we?

You made an accusation, and was asked to provide the proof you claim to have.

Others on here have had no problems posting proof they have, why do you have a problem with it?

jpariz
to Dave #878059

Seriously? Other than satisfying you, what purpose would it serve to search the HDD for the precise moment of the event, copy multiple viewing angles then upload them for only you merely to claim they were somehow edited?

I don't have a problem with it other than it's a complete waste of my time and effort with absolutely nothing to gain. Try explaining what possible benefit could come of it.

UPS isn't even the slightest bit interested.