UPS delivered my package ( Xmas present for my cousin) to the wrong address. So now neither myself nor the shipper have the package. Why was it delivered to the wrong address? Not because I gave the shipper the wrong address or left my unit # off the shipping info, or that the shipper gave UPS the wrong address, but because rather than calling the shipper to verify the address, UPS decided to do an address correction and chose to change the delivery address totally. My home address and the corrected address are not even close. To make matters worse UPS refuses to help correct the problem in a timely manner.

Let me back track a little, according to UPS ,the shipper left off my unit# on the address, why or why did UPS not contact the shipper to explain this address has several units, can you give us the unit#? Noooooo ,the smart people at UPS decide to do an address correction, thereby delivering the package to the wrong place. Address correction? How do you go from 6700 to 501, Bowden Rd to Riverside Ave, even the zipcodes are totally different. No problem, I tell UPS customer service their address correction was a total failure and I have to fly out the next day, can they please pick up the package and deliver it to my address since this is a Xmas present and I need to have it. Nooooo, I have to get in touch with their investigation team who then has to contact the shipper, then they will open an investigation to start the process of resolving the probem. What is there to investigate I ask? UPS customer service already confirmed no one authorized the address change. I advise, its a simple matter of contacting the shipper and confirming where the package should have gone to. The local UPS store that had the brilliant idea to 'correct' the address can then pick up the package and re-deliver. Nooooo , its not that simple, they must open an investigation.

I ask for a supervisor who proceeded to parrot the same line from above. I get pissed and tell them they are partially responsible for the problem, they decided to change the address without verifying with the shipper, and the investigation process will take too long to ensure I get my package in time. The supervisor; Jackie or Jacky then tries to justify the address change and they kept saying they were sorry. Sorry, I don't pay business to say sorry. If you make a mistake doing what you get paid for as a business, I expect you to fix and fix it quickly, especially in this situation where time is of the essence. Why are you in the delivery business if time sensitive deliveries cannot be made in a timely manner. To cap it off UPS customer service refuses to give me a customer complaint hotline ergo I am here.

UPS is on my black list. As long as there are other shippers available, I refuse to personally ship through them. There are so many ways UPS messed up here, address correction; refusal to have my package re-delivered correctly; making excuses for the address correction; refusal to be pro-active in fixing the problem they created. They messed up and I have to jump through hoops to fix the problem. At this point opening an investigation is not an option. I will not get my package in time. So, I will tell the shipper to refund my money and I will have to do some last minute shopping for my cousin.

Thank you for nothing UPS, thank you for reinforcing the premise that companies don't know the meaning of customer service anymore, thank you for your lack of customer service,

Thank you Jackie or Jacky M. I.D #NPT2993 for your total disregard for my needs as a customer and for allowing UPS to loss a customer.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

I also had UPS change my address without verifying it with me. Now my package is 37 minutes across town. They wanted me to open an investigation when clearly they corrected the address incorrectly.