1.5K views

UPS Management are corrupt and liars. They lie to there employees and stab them in the back.

They make promises to employees just to get what they want. All they care about is getting the almighty dollar. They take advantage of there pt-time employees since they are the lowest paid. A personal conversation with a High up manager was not kept confidentical.

The people you don't do there job get praised and the honest people who do there job get the bad end of the stick. They rehire employees after they have been fired several times for harassment. Management change numbers to make them look better than than really are. Safety is not the upmost concern.

They work employees when they are injuried or try and talk to them out of going to the doctors to avoid an injury. These comments came actully from recent employees that were employed by UPS and some that are still employed.

Review about: Ups Customer Care.

Comments

I was promised by my manager that he was going to cash me out after I left. What that means if I have personal days, sick days, and a vacation he'd pay me.

When I called him a week after I left the company he said I didn't have any days. Kind of funny since I have one week vacation left, four personal days, and one floater holiday. At this point I have been out of the company for four weeks( I am extremely happy to have left this corrupt company) and still haven't been paid. They also treat Veterans like machines and try to take advantage of us by putting us in the heaviest loads.

I didn't realize this until a peer pointed it out. Management was very abusive and embarrassed employees upfront of other employees. Everything was a out their numbers and the new *** delivering system Orion. Most of the drivers, the ones far away from retiring are miserable.

It would suck the life out of me. Safety is bull ***, they want their numbers. Corporate had a meeting on his to fix the company. I told them about how their training needs to change In Island city NY.

It's only gotten worse.

I'm not throwing anyone's names out there, but unless this company changes its ways, corporate opens they pen pushing eyes, gets rid of Orion. I can see a lot of people leaving.

to Anonymous #1032221

Conclusion to my story, HR said I'm only getting paid 3 days. So I got 3 out of 4 OPH(Personal days), lost a weeks worth of vacation, and lost my holiday pay.

My DM is a lying piece of garbage. I still haven't received my check for those three days. I worked out of the farmingville building. For all veterans like me, go to college, don't waste your time with UPS.

I'm trying to get my friends to quit. I'm looking for jobs, so they can leave.

New York, New York, United States #898777

Tony gallo is as criminal, he needs to go to jail. Ex DM from island park hub in maspeth ny.

Total piece of ***. This company gets away with murder.

New York, New York, United States #898550

This company is the worst to work for, when you get hurt and report the injury the manager pretends you never told him, then you Dont get paid, then the case g err ts contested by a corrupt DM, then you fight for three years in a kangaroo workers comp court only to lose due to corruption. Even my comp rep was in on it, fired him, filed complaints with supreme court appellate division, wasted two more years , gave them tons of proof, but yet was givin a b u l l s h i t decision on that too.

Management even went on to threaten my witness so he wouldn't help me in court, and my shop steward. The whole system is corrupt.

*** UPS ! This is a true story, please dont delete.

I've been a package driver for 25 years. I provide the best possible service for my customers and always will because I care about them.

When I first started working at UPS it was unlike any other company I've ever been associated with. It was about team work; management and union working together to do something great. Some of my superiors I would have run through a wall for because I liked working for them so much. When the company went public, all of this changed.

Now it's about maximizing profit at all costs. People do not matter, only making money does. Most UPS upper management employees have sold their moral fiber for a buck. They view their employees as a piece of equipment; all with a big smile.

What's worse, is that the Teamsters in which I pay to represent me, is only reactive and never proactive on issues of company abuse. To me, they are just as bad. It's all a big joke! As an employee who wishes to retire at UPS, I will continue to play the game of doing what I am told and not becoming a nuisance employee, but I have no respect for UPS management as human beings.

They are greedy, phonies.

to Greedy Brown #971399

Hi,

I went to work at UPS in 2000 just after they went public. Even though I worked in IT, I saw how nasty and greedy they could be.

The amount of unpaid/uncompensated overtime that I worked was astronomical.

I hated every day. I vested out in 2005 and have never looked back.

Brooklyn, New York, United States #862717

UPS..THEIR EMPLOYEES..THEY ARE BEASTS...HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THEIR CUSTOMERS.

On 8/26/2014, I was totally disrespected by the delivery person and my medical equipment was returned because the delivery person refused to bring my package to my apartment on the 3rd floor to get the required signature. He rang my bell, told me to come downstairs to get my package, I told him that I could not go downstairs..that he must bring it up as he is required to do.

He wanted to throw the package in the hallway so he tried to get a tenant in the building to sign for it, but I told the tenant not to sign because I could not get downstairs to get it and someone would steal it. The delivery was very nasty, rude, used profanity and told me that he would return my package.

I called UPS and they assured me that they would get the package out to me..that the return to sender was intercepted..but, my package was returned and UPS never contacted me, as they had promised. I am making it known to every person, place that I can...folks need to know about their trashy service

We have been a UPS customer for almost 20 years. We have always had a stellar payment history and relationship with UPS.

In Dec of 2013, unknown to our company, UPS apparently did not receive a payment of $ 114.01 from two invoices at end of year. NO ONE ever mentioned anything to us even though we continued to make our regular invoice payments in Jan, Feb, and Mar of 2014. If we were trying to stiff them, why would we continue to make each and every payment thereafter. They cannot see the trees for the forest.

We did receive a call from a distant land with a seemingly fraud-like voice saying we owed UPS money from Dec 2013. Obviously, we considered this call a scam since we had always made our payments. No one ever called or visited domestically even though in missed payment would have been an obvious anomaly in our account. Now, I will advise that the subsequent invoices that we were continuing to get and pay each week did state an outstanding balance, but because we pay things weekly, they are always passing in the mail - at least for the last 20 years.

One day our worldship notified us that we did not have weekly pickup.

We thought this odd (remember, we are unaware of any issue). I call UPS and they inform me that our account is suspended. Once we go back and look that the check from 90 days ago never cleared our bank, we put two and two together and got four. But UPS cannot count because they could not put two and two together.

I tried to explain to UPS and had a copy of the check that was mailed to them on Dec 30 2013 and gently asks that we be put back on active status and just send me copies of the invoices and we would pay (once again) and all would be good. Took them over a week just to get me the invoices and after we paid - some three weeks later, we were still suspended (????). Turns out that someone finally tells us (not before) that we needed to make a deposit of four times the original invoice to get back in good standing ???? WHAT ??

Not only is this ludricous, but we never knew about this either. Today, they have "decided" to waive the deposit but gave us grave warning that next time the deposit will be required. Have not told them, but there will not be a next time because next time they accuse us of thievery, we will not be their customer. Another tragedy is when you need to speak to someone, they have farmed out their CS overseas.

When I search for one hour to try to talk to an American, I was appalled at the cavalier and wicked posture taken against me on the phone by some female in management. When they went public, they ceased to be a company that served their customers.

Soon, they will replace their hardworking employees with temps and by 2022, UPS will crumble upon itself due to their blatant disrespect for their bread and butter. NOW is the time for a new company to come in and start picking up the pieces.

Corpus Christi, Texas, United States #744556

I also can't stand UPS but I do not work there! I work for a pediatrician and we get our vaccines shipped through them.

I don't know how many times these *** delivery drivers have either delivered to wrong office are say they could not locate our office! These drivers are lazy and always in hurry!

It *** me off they do not care at all about theirs and our children receiving these vaccines!! Learn how to read and stop being so *** lazy!!

to hateups4 Atlanta, Georgia, United States #813521

Missing your office probably because they sent the driver out blind, they make mistakes because the route is foreign to them. Also, address labels are confusing when it comes to office plazas and such.

And how can they be lazy AND in a hurry?

That makes no sense. They actually do have to hurry though, because they are given a curfew to get back to the hub.

Hating UPS is fine. They are a horrible company that does not care about their customers or employees.

But don't take it out on the drivers. The conditions that they deal with, the quotas, their bosses and other customers, they have enough to deal with.

to PackageNinja #1029133

Yes I do agree. They send is cover drivers out blind on a route we do not know.

If we move too slow they constantly call us threatening us. We have to hurry. I hate the company, I quit as a driver but I was always polite to my customers even if my day was bad.

Work in a drivers shoes before calling them lazy. On top of delivering, the company expects us to be mechanic.

16 year employee here. Management is aweful, pt sups are completely dumb and young.

They don't know how to Work smarter not harder. A newbie sup needs to heed advice from company veterans.

I've been a loader at UPS for over a year now and there are so many things about this company that *** me off. Upper management consists of people that were not hired from within the company and have no idea what my job is really like.

The supervisors on the posisorters are the only competent ones since they worked their way to that position. Another big problem is laziness. Ramp employees spend half their night, hogging the break room, either asleep or on their phones. I don't get to bring my phone, why should they get theirs?

And shifters. They are supposed to bring me empty containers and move full containers to the docks, but usually I'm the one finding my own container while my load backs up and I pull containers to the docks at the end of the night while the shifters wait by the dock for you as you do their job. Working at UPS pays for my college education and that is the only reason I work there.

The only other positive is that I have met many really great and hardworking people I am glad to call friend and that includes loaders, admins, and posi supervisors I've worked for. Good people that deserve more.

San Diego, California, United States #678974

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHY THE SEASONAL DRIVER OR DRIVER HELP ARE MORE COURTEOUS THAN THE REGULAR DRIVERS ??? POOR SEASONAL DRIVER HELPERS DO'NT GET A THING !!!?

I MEAN TO GIVE THE SEASONAL DRIVER A TIP AND I WAS SCOLDED BY THE REGULAR DELIVERY DRIVER !! HE SAYD TO ME HOW UGREATFUL IWAS AND SOMETHING ELSE THAT I RATHER DON'T SAY HERE !!!!

I WAS GONNA GIVE THE TIP TO THE NEW HELPER BECAUSE HE WAS COURTEOUS BUT THE REGULAR HUMILIATED HIM INFRONT OF ME BECAUSE SUPPOSEDLLY HE WAS TAKING TOO MUCH TIME ????1!!

AND WELL AS ALL OF YOU MUST KNOW BY NOW THE REGULAR IS ALWAYS DROPPING THE PACKAGES, HE IS ALWAYS SAYING OOPS I DROP YOUR PACKAGE !! SO NOW I CALL'EM THE OOPS COMPANY RATHER THAN UPS MY HAND ALREADY HURTS BECAUSE ALL THE FORMS THAT A PERSON SHOULD FILL UP N ORTHER TO GET THEIR ATTENTION WICH IS NOT MUCH !!!!

This company is a joke, they treat their pt package handlers and supervisors like *** and the working conditions suck. They don't care about employee safety, they care about lawsuits.

If you get hurt expect some under-qualified hr person to blame it on you.

Damages are through the roof. Avoid this place, its sham.

Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel #615726

Not only the 70% of item cost, but during International shipment they want additional 70% for customs brokerage (most of companies like USPS do it free) they not the liers only, but thieves.

to Alex #812460

Just wanted to say (a year later) USPS does not cover anything for free-its our tax dollars that cover those fees. It actually costs much more than the cost of a stamp to send that letter.

I am a contingent worker with ups in texas right now and I am ready to report my department to corperate and hopefully have them investigated, I hate the double standards and bias that goes on everyday in that place.

to Livid New York, New York, United States #898775

Trust me, as someone who took that path, they will do nothing to them if you report them but they will find a way to fire you, trust me. And nothing you can do or say will make a difference.

THE UNION GETS PAID BY UPS THATS WHY THEY DONT DO ANYTHING