I contacted UPS to have the package held at the facility in order for me to pick it up first thing in the morning and not having to wait for the driver to delivery it by the end of the day since I needed the package to arrive before 12 noon.

See UPS Note below:

08/15/2013, 4:20 P.M., A Delivery Change Request for this package will be processed. / As requested, the receiver will pickup at a UPS facility at their convenience. This must be within 5 business days.

The following day, the note from UPS read:

08/16/2013, 7:56 A.M., The Delivery Change Request for this package has been completed. / As requested, the receiver will pickup at a UPS facility at their convenience. This must be within 5 business days.

Per UPS comments, the package arrived to the facility at 6:38am on 8/16.

I noticed there was another note added that read:

So I immediately contacted UPS Customer Service because my business opens at 7:00am and no UPS driver had been there. The first agent was not helpful at all, repeating the same notes in the tracking system, so I asked to speak to a Supervisor.

The Supervisor contacted the UPS facility in Miami, FL and spoke to Rosa, they contacted the driver and he said he didn't have the package in his truck. They looked for the package at the facility and they couldn't find it anywhere. After about 3 hours on the phone, trying to resolve this, the Supervisor said the only thing left to do was to request an "investigation" to try to find the package and if they couldn't find it they will then forward the request to the claims department to request a refund on the delivery charge plus UP TO $100 ON THE PACKAGE PRICE!!!!

I paid $460 for this merchandise. I have to re-order the merchandise because my client needs it as soon as possible. I have to pay $460 again, plus a Rush Delivery (hopefully with FeDex, never UPS again, ever, ever) and they will only refund me $100 plus UPS shipping charge, and that's only if they can't find the package. If they finally find it, they will only refund me the delivery charge. Even though I will have to re-order the merchandise, no matter if the package is found or not, because my client needs it right away.

Not to mention the horribly stressing situation this problem has caused me, I had to call the client and explain them UPS had lost the package they had been waiting for 5 days, even though it's not our fault, I still have to go thru this terrible stress and deal with an unhappy customer. UPS is simply washing their hands on this problem.

I asked to place an investigation, as recommended by the Supervisor herself, and she said the investigation needs to be requested by the SHIPPER, not the receiver, even though I am telling her that the Shipper is not responsible for this mess, that the package was lost by the UPS facility in Miami and that this had been confirmed by the facility staff.

I asked her why are you treating your customers like this, why are you making them suffer like this, there's no excuse, no reason for this.

I will make sure every person I know knows about how terribly awful UPS service is. I will place a complaint on every website I can find.

I would like a refund on all the expenses caused to my business because of UPS. That includes shipping charges plus the cost of replacing the merchandise and the Rush Delivery request. In total, that's $550 and I can send all the receipts as proof of my expenses.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States #701728

Well, you realize that I can just reply here right?

Either way, I'll start off by stating that UPS and The UPS Store's are two different companies. The UPS Stores are individually owned and operated. I don't work for the heart of all evil, I work for my dad. He owns The UPS Store that I currently work at.

Secondly, I'm not trying to be a smart-***. I was trying to be helpful and inform you of the claims process. I am definitely not defending UPS here, they totally screwed up your package. It doesn't happen too often but when it does, it's bad!

I'm actually glad that they found your package and hopefully you'll get this all sorted out!

Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States #701413

So are you a middle man here? Did you order it from another company and have it shipped to your customer? That seems to be what you said.

-If so, then UPS is right then you have no business according to UPS. It is true that somewhere in the re-routing process it was lost. That is UPS's fault.

-However, the shipper is only entitled to $100+shipping cost in reimbursement because it appears the shipper didn't insure the package to full value. That is the shippers fault.

-You are NEVER, EVER, EVER going to be reimbursed (by UPS) for the $550 if the shipper didn't insure the package to full value.

If you are the middle man then the company that sold the item will reimburse you for the $550, because is is the sellers responsibility to make sure the package arrived, it didn't, so you will be reimbursed!

to Nick1346 #701466

I ordered the merchandise from a Vendor (selling to the Trade Only) and it was shipped to my store. I was supposed to assemble it and take it to my customer.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but the UPS customer service supervisor said that IF the shipper insured the package to full value, UPS will only refund UP TO $100 of the declared value plus shipping cost. If the shipper didn't insure it, UPS will only refund shipping cost, and only after a 14 days "investigation." Either way, I'm loosing here.

My vendor will not get refunded the full value, so they will not reimbursed me for it either. And they don't have to, what happened here is UPS fault, not the shipper, not me, not my customer.

I will NEVER, EVER, EVER be refunded full value by UPS, for a package THEY LOST because unfortunately, I'm dealing here with UPS, a horrible company, you'd only have to read the terrible reviews all over the internet...

to Mary Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States #701558

Ok, that makes a bit more sense now...

However you are terribly misinformed. If the shipper insured it for $550, the shipper will be reimbursed the full value of $550. If it wasn't insured for additional value, you'll be reimbursed $100 and the shipping. That's how the insurance works! Unless it is a massive company with a discounted UPS Account Number without an option to add insurance, then they'll only be reimbursed shipping. (I doubt that though, that's only for company accounts like Amazon.com) Unless they're as big as Amazon.com, any shipment is automatically insured for $100!

Regardless, the company that sold it to you is financially responsible for refunding you! Not UPS. UPS is only supposed to refund the insured value to the shipper, NOT the recipient. In a court of law, the company is required to reimburse you, because it is a business's job to make sure an item is delivered to a customer.

PS. I work for a The UPS Store location. I know how this stuff works, and I've read almost all the reviews online! Almost all of them are BS, like this. They're all posted by angry people who don't understand what's going on. Less than 1/4 of them have any credibility at all.

to Nick1346 #701693

Ok, first let me begin by saying that calling my review BS is exactly the type of service I'd expect from someone working for UPS (or at a UPS Store, like you). That is the type of "customer service" I've been receiving from UPS ever since my ordeal with a lost package started yesterday.

Today I called UPS again to check on the status of the tracer request placed by the Shipper, and not only I had to explain the whole situation to the first customer agent on the phone, wait on hold for 25 minutes, then explain the whole situation AGAIN to another CS supervisor, but also I had to take from them the same "wise-***" attitude you're showing in your comments.

If I was terribly misinformed, it was by the UPS CS Supervisor herself, someone working for UPS, like you. So you see, UPS doesn't even train their staff to treat customers with respect, it seems one will tell you one thing, and another one will tell you something else.

I seriously doubt that I will get refunded even the $100, since apparently the package was "found" somewhere in Miami, and it's in "route" to who knows where right now. And I say this because I placed a request to hold the package at the local UPS Facility before this whole nigthmare started, so the package should not be "in route" to begin with, it should be at the UPS Facility as I requested. There's no phone number for the UPS Facility, you need to call the 800 number, and explain THE WHOLE STORY again to yet another CS Agent,...

I have been going in circles with UPS since yesterday, and I don't see an end to it. Plus, as of today, no one has been able to explain me the following note on the tracking system:

-08/16/2013, 9:39 A.M. The business was closed today. A delivery attempt will be made on the next bbusiness day. / Package will be delivered next business day.

My business opens at 7:00 am, and no UPS driver was there during the day, plus, why would the driver have the package when there's a previous request in place asking to HOLD THE PACKAGE AT THE FACILITY FOR CUSTOMER PICK UP!!!!!

UPS calls it "a mystery", those are their own words.... "this requires more investigation"... that's what I call BS, sir.

So Nick, there's no doubt in my mind you work for this horrible company UPS, and "angry people" like me wouldn't even exist if UPS did the job they are paid to do.

I will repeat it to anyone who wants to hear it:

* DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH UPS EVER BECAUSE YOU'D BE SURE TO REGRET IT.

* DO NOT USE UPS. UPS IS THE WORST SHIPPING COMPANY ANYONE CAN DEAL WITH.

* AVOID UPS AS MUCH AS YOU CAN.

* STAY AWAY FROM UPS.

* USE ANY OTHER SHIPPING COMPANY INSTEAD OF UPS, IT WILL SAFE YOU A LOT OF TROUBLE AND SUFFERING.