I purchased a Nordictrack treadmill weighing nearly 400lbs. Upon confirmation of purchase I received a UPS tracking notice stating it would arrive Monday, 2/9/15. This is a VERY large item so I had help on hand that day. At 5pm, after having received NO notification from any party that the shipment would not arrive, I checked the online tracking website only to find out it said "exception...shipment in consignment...". When I called I was informed (for the first time) that UPS SUB's OUT heavy freight??? Then UPS blamed their local sub for refusing the shipment. And after confirming with the sub that they "did NOT refuse any shipment...all UPS has to do is drop it off during regular business hours", UPS then played Alice-in-the-rabbit-hole with me, rerouting my call at least half a dozen times. And each department, LTL and URGENT, refused to claim responsibility for the shipment and nobody that actually touched the shipment ever talked to me.

On the second day of calls with UPS, I was finally put through to a supervisor who conferenced me with their San Leandro site to discuss the issue. BOTH women, Shay and Desyre, assured me that they would correct the problem immediately by contacting the sub and getting the shipment out that day.

Today I checked in with the SUB, NVC White Glove Services, and was told "we're sorry but UPS is still holding the shipment...only ONE container goes OUT a DAY...yours is scheduled for tomorrow...I'm very sorry" and he could not tell me whether it was UPS or NVC causing the delay but that it's just the way it's going to be?!?!

All told, UPS has been HOLDING MY SHIPMENT in a container for a WEEK now! And I still don't know when to schedule more help because i have NO IDEA when the sub will get it and when they will decide to bring it to me?!? Rest assured, I will be telling EVERYONE I KNOW of my experience and warning them NOT to use UPS or any of their subs. I receive a lot of shipped packages and I will now be asking my suppliers who they ship with and refusing to do business with anyone contracted with UPS! This is shameful!

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue. The author is overall dissatisfied with Ups. The most disappointing about heavy freight shipment from Ups was poor customer service, delivery and unethical business practices Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Ups.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments