UPS left 4 packages in the snow at the end of my driveway

I was expecting 4 packages delivered by UPS today. We stayed home all day waiting for them. Daylight came and went and no packages, so I checked my tracking numbers. To my surprise, they were all listed as "delivered." I checked all over the porch. Nothing. Inside the car? Nothing. No new tracks in the snow in the driveway. Definitely no packages.

So I called UPS. They said, "The driver left them in the 'UPS Box'."

WHAT? I don't have a UPS BOX!?

So I walk down to the end of the driveway to check the mailbox, thinking maybe he left a notice in there. And what do I find? My packages dumped in the snow at the end of the driveway!

Outrageous! I had hundreds of dollars worth of cosmetics and electronics in those packages!

So I called UPS again. "Javier" tells me that the driver said he delivered it, so maybe someone else came and got the packages and put them at the end of the driveway!

"So what you're saying is, the UPS driver managed to get all the way up my driveway without alerting the dogs or leaving tracks in the snow, and left the packages in the 'UPS Box' (which doesn't exist). And then someone else came all the way up my driveway, without alerting the dogs or leaving any tracks, and got the packages, and then took them and dumped them at the end of my driveway?"

You MUST be kidding me.

Dumb Dumb Dumb UPS. Your driver should call and apologize. This kind of behavior is unacceptable.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Product or service
Review category
review #478385 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Ups? Submit review ›
Helpful? 15 Yes 15 3 No 3
Had the same issue 3 Yes 3
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 28 #1102254

maybe you should invest in a snow shovel and some salt and make it safe for a UPS driver to get to your property without sliding on the ice

2 1 Reply

Jan 28 #1102485

Maybe you should invest in a calendar so that you aren't resurrecting zombie threads. Or maybe you should take a look at the photos and realize that shovels and salt don't work on gravel roads. Or maybe you should read the comments below so that you aren't saying the same *** as others. Either way, maybe you should eff off.

1 1 Reply

Aug 16, 2015 #1020352

I'm very surprised the driver was delivering in that snow... He must not know it's easier to put it down as no access and return it to the depot... y do half a job, it's better not to bother doing any of it

1 0 Reply

Jun 22, 2015 #998355 Garden City, Michigan

Maybe you don't realize it is up to you to make your driveway passable. If the driver were to damage anything or slide off your unkept drive it would have been an accident charged to him Maybe instead of just waiting for him get off your *** and clear your drive. Your package vs. his livelihood? get fricken real....

4 2 Reply

Jan 26 #1100905

Your intelligence level just fell to 0! They have a job to deliver...not sit in the middle of snow and anyone could still it. I am shocked at the level of ignorance!!

0 4 Reply

Apr 15, 2015 #972187

You self-entitled pompous goof. In my opinion the UPS driver did you a favor actually leaving you the packages - heck, they even looked wrapped in plastic! You seem to have enough coin for electronics and cosmetics - why don't you spend some on keeping your long a$$ driveway plowed and widened when you're expecting deliveries to your front door.

8 4 Reply
lazy bum

Mar 16, 2015 #959169

You ever think maybe had you plowed your driveway the UPS driver could have gotten to your front porch, and you could've gotten your packages? Let's not forget that those giant ups trucks are rear wheel drive and the last thing this guy wants to do is get stuck in your unplowed driveway. Shop whining....

7 3 Reply

Mar 07, 2015 #955142 Fredericksburg, Texas

UPS, more times than not, leave our packages in a pasture with livestock.....horses and sheep that routinely open and destroy the boxes and on rare occasions get to the items ordered. They have our gate code and we have a safe location to leave packages much nearer our home. I know it can be done, b/c the driver we had several years ago always left packages so that the animals did not moleste them at our home. We live on a ranch. BTW, fedex never leaves packages in the pasture....always makes it to the house and the safe location!
It helps to be a "choice" member as a registered UPS user, now I get e-mails and a text when a package is delivered and generally it is close to the delivery time.

2 0 Reply

Jan 23, 2015 #935492

I had the EXACT thing happen with $500 and some odd dollars! I have 2 dogs and ALSO stayed home all day and no call, no knock! My father in law called me and said what is all over your yard? I said huh? I look outside and my dogs have EVERYTHING tore up all over the yard!!!! Yep all gone! They were inside when they must have came and just dropped them off on the porch, I had let them out to pee .Nobody took responsibility and I tried and tried day after day to get something done. Nobody cared, I had to reimburse the people that had ordered!! I hope this doesn't happen to ANYBODY ELSE!

1 2 Reply

Jun 25, 2015 #999748

Why dont you take responsibilty. They always leave packages on my porch. Do you want them to help themselves into your house????

0 2 Reply

Sep 06, 2015 #1030566

You must be a UPS Driver? Since you are clearly brain dead you fit right in...

3 5 Reply

Jan 31 #1104005

So its the fault of UPS you have incorrigible dogs that tear apart anything left on your premises? If you have special delivery conditions its up to YOU to have a sign that the driver cant miss. Not up to him to have ESP and know.
I have a porch. UPS delivers to it. I dont have dogs and when I did he couldnt get on the porch so I always got my packages. So the problem isnt UPS.

1 1 Reply

Nov 12, 2014 #898979

Hello and hope you get those *** UPS bastards good, fellow consumer. I've been similarly victimized several times by grossly bumbling idiots who seem illiterate or just plain dense. Earlier this year, the dufuses delivered a check worth thousands of dollars sent to settle my total loss auto accident claim to Melborne, Australia, despite my address in the southern U.S. clearly depicted on both tracking bills and UPS's barely navigable sorry excuse for a "business website." But thanks to several hundred bucks I lost as a deposit paid on another vehicle that was unable to consummate final sale due to these *** dummies' foolish mistake, maybe they can afford to hire some foreign "web designer" who barely comprehends a word of English to fix that BS. Just like that who sorry @$$ pathetic 'global conglomerate' needs to get its pitiful disorganized act together or get the *** outa dodge. Like my ex was so fond of saying...
Bow-wow, barf, boo-hoo and burn in *** forever UPS

4 1 Reply

Oct 17, 2014 #886025

must say that you have a beautiful house and yard :)

3 1 Reply

Sep 17, 2014 #871540

At least they left it somewhere in the vicinity of your property. 90% of the time UPS brings my items to my neighbors a block and a half away (with a similar address), and even though I have requested signature required, UPS claims someone signs for them (they can NEVER provide a name for the signature),and leaves them sitting on someone else's front porch.

1 0 Reply

Mar 12, 2014 #793957 Middletown Township, New Jersey

I have the same thing happen to me everytime UPS delivers to me. They always leave my packages out by the road instead of coming to my house. I live on a large acreage with plenty of room for them to turn around without having to reverse. I can't see the end of my driveway because it has a curve to it. But every Tom, *** and Harry can see them leave the boxes. I sometimes get a text message after they leave, but it is usually well after the packages were delivered. I know this because I have actually, on one occasion, by chance caught the driver pulling out and got my packages immediately and then got a "delivered text" a couple hours later. I will avoid UPS as much as I can now. By the way, I do not have this problem with FedEx, they deliver to the front of my house everytime.

2 0 Reply

Mar 11, 2014 #793567 Antwerpen, Antwerpen

UPS online tracking website often states " Receiver's location was closed on the 1st delivery attempt " while in reality the truck never showed up at the receiver's location !!!

3 0 Reply

Mar 10, 2014 #793243 Denver, Colorado

kinda funny how all these people attacking the OP and calling her "lazy" are all from warm southern states. How would you feel if something you worked hard to pay for was just left out in the snow to be destroyed by someone else? I usually find the complaints on this website absurd, but this lady has a point. It was pure carelessness on UPS's part and then they make up some BS excuse like "oh someone else must have moved the packages". HA HA WHATEVER!

10 2 Reply

Apr 11, 2015 #970735 Ogden, Utah

I'm not from a warm southern state! And I don't have a long curving dirt driveway. My driveway does have a hill in it, and I don't expect delivery, men or the post man, to risk sliding on it and falling down to deliver my packages to my porch.
I also don't expect them to drop them off in the snow though. They should have taken it back with them if they could not make it up the driveway, and contacted the person about a redelivery time when they had had a chance to plow their driveway.

0 2 Reply

Mar 08, 2014 #792446 Houston, Texas

Had your driveway been plowed, the driver probably would have come up to the house.
The Driver apparently was not willing to risk getting stouck in the sonw on your driveway but delivered anyway.

4 8 Reply

1-20 of 33 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.