Tracking Tool

Update by user Oct 16, 2016

A month has passed since I filed my complaints and I have had four phone calls from UPS representatives.The last, Michael, two weeks ago, said my shipping fees of $32.75 would be refunded in a week.

Nothing yet.

If a check shows up, I'll be surprised.I think I have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting any more than lip service from UPS.

Original review posted by user Sep 12, 2016

On July 13, 2016, I placed order #42519 with Digging Dog Nursery for nine plants totaling $93.45. The shipping cost via UPS 3-Day select was $32.75, for a total of $126.20.

The plants were shipped on Tuesday 9/6/16 for delivery on Friday 9/9/16. When nothing arrived on Friday, I checked tracking and saw that the package wouldn't be delivered until today, Monday 9/12/16. That's the first problem: why did 3-Day select delivery--at a cost of $32.75--take six days?

I was up early this morning--Monday 9/12--awaiting the arrival of the plants. After six days in transit, if they survived, I knew they would need immediate attention. At 9:30am I saw a UPS truck drive by my front window. My windows were open and I would have heard anyone coming onto the property. I took a look outside but there was no package. I checked UPS tracking again and was surprised to see that the package was listed as delivered to my front porch at 1927 Learnard. I looked again, checked all around the house, no package.

I then called the local UPS distribution center and talked with Stacy. She said she would call back. Meanwhile, I thought to check my neighbors' porches. I found the package on the porch at 1931 Learnard. The already stressed plants had been sitting in direct sun for nearly two hours. That's the second problem: Why did the driver report that he delivered the package to my address when he actually delivered it next-door? Why didn't he simply report "left on porch at 1931 Learnard?" Both porches have the street numbers clearly marked. The driver lied.

Three of the plants are dead and three others are barely alive. The three dead plants total $28.50. If the other three don't make it, the total will be $56.75. Plus $32.75 in UPS shipping, I'll be out $89.50. I can't seek recourse from the nursery--they aren't responsible for UPS' negligence. Furthermore, these were fairly rare plants that I had seeking for some time--replacement might be difficult or impossible.

Stacy from the local UPS called back and only offered empty excuses. I have filed a complaint with "Victor" at UPS customer service but I honestly expect no recourse from them, based on the large number of complaints against UPS on the Internet.

I paid a high price for shipping within three days because live plants are perishable. Delivery took six days. The UPS driver reported that he delivered the plants to my address when he actually delivered them next door. The package sat in direct sun for nearly two hours. Three plants are dead, so far.

UPS should be held liable for their blatant misrepresentation and negligence.

This person wrote the review because of not as described of ups 3 day select delivery service from Ups. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Ups to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was being deliberately lied to and late delivery. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments