on may 5th 2008 my 16 year old boy was killed in an automoblie accident i had ordered from abc prior to accident and on may 6th 2008 ups drops my stuff on porch while i was at the funeral home making arrangements for him someone comes and takes my order off porch after a month goes by when i realize that someone has stoled it when contacting abc to let them know where my order was they said it had been shipped, this isnt right somethings i ordered was for my dead son and i have not got this order and now im being charged with the purchandise when i have never got my pakage i need help

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

1.) It's the seller's responsibility to deliver the item to YOU.Until YOU have the item described in your purchase, the seller has not "delivered".

2.) U.P.S.

is often negligent when dealing with package deliveries, but it isn't your responsibility to make sure they do their job correctly.

3.) If you paid AMEX, PAYPAL etc., simply request an investigation and stop payment. You will hear from the seller shortly afterwards.

If they want their money, send another product..preferably via a carrier with more than 2 brain cells.

5 years ago, I loved UPS. Now they are the worst.

First of all, I have a door button at the door but they don't call. I'm waiting all day for the package and they say they came but obviously they did not because I was home waiting for the doorbell. Yes, my doorbell works fine. This happens again and again - ONLY with UPS.

Also, they won't give me a delivery time, but 8 times out of 10 they deliver after 6pm. So if it's important, I'm held HOSTAGE ALL DAY waiting for them. I've asked that they deliver earlier but they say they can't. Yet, they used to...

Their prices also have gone way up, higher than the post office.

Bottom line: I won't use them unless the company I buy from gives me no choice!

What really makes me mad is when they say I wasn't home to receive the package but I was waiting right here all day waiting for it!

mom3,

Not true, they are indiscriminate on what to leave, unless they are told to get a signature.I have had $200 worth of Christmas presents from Amazon left on my porch one day and $26 worth of books from the same company that required a signature.

They have also refused to leave medical supplies, really inexpensive filters, in fact they sent them back claiming they could not deliver.And Yet I was home at the time ALL day.

I even asked them to hold it for pickup (which was confirmed on their web form), and they still sent it back.

Wow some of you people are very Heartless,this person lost their Son and UPS screwed up so why would it be wrong for her to mention him in her story when the items that were stolen were for him DUHHHHHHHH..And (A) you need to read the story again before giving your *** Comments because it was against UPS not USPS DUHHHHHHHHHH...............The point is UPS is not only Ignorant but a bunch of thieves and liers and it looks to me like they are going down the tubes..So long UPS you deserve everything coming to you...FEDEX is cheaper by 20% and atleast deal with their problems from consumers that is the main reason they will put UPS out of the Game..

I dissagree with you "A".I'm also having problems with UPS delivery person(s) leaving boxes in the front porch in plain view.

Sadly, I was at home all along and they could have knocked.This unnecessary loss is due only to the carelessness and neglectful package handling by the UPS carrier.

They are not knocking to hand in deliveries even though I'm at home. I just found a box left by UPS in my porch again, and not surprisingly, someone ripped it open and stole the contents. Sadly, I was at home all along and they could have knocked.

No doubt this unnecessary loss is due to the carelessness and neglectful handling by the UPS carrier.:sigh

UPS isnt usps~ all pf the shipping Co's leave things on the porch unless you pay extra for someone to sign for the box! Pay extra or buy insurance next time! You really can't complain unless you took all precautions!

UPS should be held responsible for lost or stolen items they just leave on a persons porch without a signature of reciept. Its called neglect and lousy ethics. Ups nor their employees have any pride in their jobs or customer servise!!

How is it the fault of the USPS that someone else stole something off of your porch?If there was no prior thefts in your area how was the carrier supposed to know that it wouldn't be safe?

If their were thefts did you let your carrier know?

Letter carriers aren't mind readers and they aren't going to know something unless someone, mainly YOU, tells them.

Suck to you Mam for bringing your son into this.That was a low blow for the rest of us who have lost children.