I ordered a safety device online and when it arrived via UPS, not only was the package opened and poorly resealed, the pak the contents were in had been opened then placed on top of the protection wrapping instead of below/inside it.

When I called to complain - the woman told me that UPS has the right to open any package they choose and that they're "not the post office" so it's not illegal.

I was planning to ship 8-10 boxes of personal items via UPS as part of a move, but they have decidedly lost me as a customer forever!

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

UPS has been doing the same to my packages and it only happens when I order vitamins. I was told by a friend that worked at UPS that the UPS people believe it's prescription drugs that they'd like to steal. (They are notorious for going through packages and just stealing items.)

Same story happend with me - UPS OPENED my box !!!!And messed it all up !

They have no right to do that , but they DO !!!!

NEVER EVER ship anything through UPS !!!!

I just book marked your blog on Digg and StumbleUpon.I enjoy reading your commentaries.

ok one of my boxes came here with a tear in it and a t shirt was missing where is it?

wtf is wrong with UPS!!!!!:( i would have been so pissed!

i would have sued them!jesuse what the f!

wtf is wrong with UPS!!!!!:( i would have been so pissed!

i would have sued them!jesuse what the f!

Good Lord John S,

What the *** are you so suspicious about?You must see the world through some less than clean viewpoint.

I don't even know this person but can think of dozens of reasons why I wouldn't want someone going through my personal stuff.And (since you are probably wondering already) NO I'm not a drug dealer or any other type of villain that would be *** enough to send illicit items through the freaking mail!

#102021

Sounds like your a little worried about getting caught shipping your "BOXES OF PERSONAL ITEMS"...

#101945

That doesn't necessarily mean UPS opened the package to inspect the contents.They only do that when they have a really good reason.

Usually when they tape up a box it's because the box opened up due to poor packaging. Having a lot of empty space in a box will cause the box to get crushed when other boxes are stacked on top of it. But hey, at least you got it and it wasn't broken. You don't really have anything to complain about.

And regarding the post office, you better believe they have the right to confiscate and open packages if they find good reason.

They do it all the time.If they couldn't, that would be a pretty nice loophole for drug dealers, wouldn't it?