Portage La Prairie, Manitoba

I order many items online. When I say many I mean upwards of 1000 over the past few years. I have never had anything but negative interactions with UPS. Any time I can tell a seller to avoid UPS I will and sometimes if I see a company listed as shipping with UPS I will not order from them. Why is this? A few reasons.

1) As a Canadian, ordering from UPS in the USA ALWAYS means massive brokerage fees on top of the shipping charge you pay for your item. These fees are not displayed on anything other than the bill they leave you when they deliver your item. They say these fees are to cover their expenses for carrying the item over the border. Aren't you already paying for their expenses when you pay the shipping cost? No other shipping service (USPS, Fedex) charges brokerage fees and definitely not in the $50-100 range.

2) UPS does not deliver within their allotted delivery time. Right now I'm waiting for a package from UPS that was "out for delivery" at 6am and hasn't arrived at 9pm. UPS delivery times are "within business hours for business addresses and within 9am-7pm for residential addresses".

3) Picking up an item at a UPS will-call location has to be done within 9am-5pm Monday-Friday. Yeah, in other words if you have a job you cannot pick up your package, that same package that someone might have to sign for to receive between the hours of 9am-7pm at home.

Do yourself a favour and DO NOT use this company. Look around the internet and you will find nothing but negative reviews of UPS. There is a reason for this. You have been warned.

This person wrote the review because of pricing issue of ups delivery service from Ups. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Ups to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

i am a ups delivery driver in iowa and i also get tons of deliveries from online retailers mostly amazon, my deliveries are on time in good condition and i love it convenience price good experience my ups guy gives me *** about getting so much stuff but at the end of the day i'm helping keep him employed. that is a bad deal about the extra brokerage fees, sorry to hear that i have been with the company 22 years and when i tell a company here in iowa i need the fee money for the box (which is extremely rare) they are always caught off guard, basically this has very little to do with ups i belive the fees i mean its probably your own country creating these extra charges