Today an overnight delivery was to be made to my home.To preserve privacy, I'll just say it was an EXTREMELY expensive, life altering, un-replaceable package.

When I arrive home, there is no package. I call the shipper to confirm that it was shipped and it was verified. I call UPS, with my tracking number and I'm told, "yep, delivered at 9:41 am...to your front door". I tell the representivie, no, it is not here.

His comment was, "well, you did not request a signed receipt, so we will not be responsible". So I explained what the contents were and how important it was. I asked him to contact the drive, which he told me they would do an investigation but it will take days. Mean while, the shipper contacted UPS and it all of a sudden became a priority.

Do you think it's because the shipper spends millions at UPS? UPS calls me to inform me that the driver "miss delivered" and the package was at "xyz my same street name". So I asked them when it would arrive and they tell me not until tomorrow. Glad the shipper paid for OVERNIGHT delivery!!!

Then they had the audacity to tell me I should go knock on doors and get it myself if I needed it so bad. REALLY!!! Am I going to get a paycheck from UPS for finding my own package? YOU CAN BET NOT!!!

so here is ther real kicker. The address they gave me that their driver said he miss delivered to DOESN'T EXIST. SO, if I worked for UPS and I saw the shipper name that looked like it might have some street value and decided I would just mark it delivered at 9:41 am and let the consumer fight it out. Heck no sign receipt requested, it's the consumer's problem if I just keep it for myself.

Then when the consumer calls and absolute insist that the package be located, I'll just give a bogus address that I "miss delivered" it to so they won't be able to locate it. Maybe if my supervisor at UPS pushes me (unless they are getting a cut in the street value) I'll cough it up and just say I made a mistake where I "miss delivered" it to, even though I marked it delivered at 9:41 am at front door. The package that was supposed to be delivered to is un-replaceable.

UPS, you are covering up something or your drivers are steeling from your (never again) customers.FIX YOUR PROBLEM!

Review about: Ups Delivery Service.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

Worcester, Massachusetts, United States #584946

I have an online business and have been shipping with UPS, USPS and Fed -Ex for 10 years. Most of my products are glass and we are very experienced at packaging fragile items. Every year at X-Mas time, UPS breaks several of my packages. It is because of the increased number of packages shipped at this time of year and their hiring of inexperienced, temporary help.

The point is that EVERY SINGLE CLAIM I've ever made with UPS has been denied. I receive a phone call from someone who knows nothing about the actual claim. They just have a long list of people they call and read a script about how the item was improperly packaged.

If this happens to you, DO NOT ACCEPT their default "It was improperly packaged". Tell them it is unacceptable and you want to talk to an adjuster. This person too will try and deny your claim but keep pushing and they will eventually pay.

As a side note, if the package shows severe damage, they will usually pay immediately.

I had a very similar experience with UPS today: my 40 inch TV was supposedly delivered at 302pm.It was left AT THE DOORSTEP in plain sight in 110 degree heat after being on the truck since 7am.

No surprise....I got home at 530, no TV. I live in a gated community and I have never had anything stolen from outside my house. Either the UPS driver somehow damaged the box/contents and didn't want to fess up or he is the happy owner of a new 1080 HD TV. Of course UPS did nothing over the phone.

They referred me to the seller, ShopNBC.

who will refund my mone in full.I will NEVER use UPS again.

Yep, "another one bites the dust"

Had (and still have) kind of the same of horrible problem with them. 4 of 5 packages sent from Spain to UK with damages that they don't want to pay (computers, so figure out, 3000 value, lost 1000 in broken parts). Plus a 5th package with ski clothes lost that they are asking me after 3 months that if I want it back I have to pay storage at their Germany location.

Guess someone at UPS does not have winter clothing in his wardrobe.

Checking on the net, there is a lot of people suffering from the same, I guess UPS deserve a special website to receive complaints in one source so is easier to people to research about UPS before sending stuff. I'll make one.

Yep, "another one bites the dust"

Guess someone at UPS does not have winter clothing in his wardrobe.

Jagdfox

USPS did this to me just a couple days ago, but they wouldn't give me the address it was shipped to. After the shipper did an investigation and offered to send me a new one at USPS expense, this caused USP to get out of their lazy chair and snatch the package back and reship it to me. So I told the shipper to hold off on the new order and I'll see if the old one has been tampered with.

Just see my post "Nearly $3000 package thrown to the wind..."

I hope you get retrobution for this.