I had two items being shipped to me via UPS - a book that costs about $6 that wasn't at the local bookstore and a pair of shoes for a wedding. The book arrived on Day 1 at 5:10pm and the delivery guy left a note on my door saying that I had to sign for it. I missed him by about 20 minutes. The next day, both items come at 3:30pm. A note is left on my door, once again stating that I must sign for the package. I get the option to sign the back and leave it on my door so I do. On Day 3, the delivery guy comes at 2:30pm, puts the new notice just above the signed one, and leaves.

I work an hour north of where I live. I look into the option of picking up my package, and both packages are automatically put on call to a place 40 minutes south of where I live (giving me a drive of 1 hr 40 min after work). I look up locations on the website and see that there is one 15 minutes away from me AND on the way home from work.

I call UPS and I'm told that I can only pick up the package in the location far south. I am told that I will have to pay for a change of address to have it delivered to the closer location. I ask why they did not leave the package when I signed for it and she tells me it is up to the driver's discretion. I ask why the driver did not leave the package at the front office of my apartment complex. She tells me it is up to the driver's discretion.

I call back later to try to get someone else. I'm told I can have the packages redelivered for $6 each (remember that one only had 2 failed delivery attempts and the other only cost $6 in the first place). She tells me that if I have a leasing office, they will deliver there. I told her that they had not. She states that I can have the address changed to the front office for a fee. I state that I had already signed for the package and it was ignored. She tells me that they won't deliver to apartment complexes when no one is home.

In the past, the front office got the package if it had to be signed for. Otherwise, it was left at my door. This has been the case since I started living in apartments 3 1/2 years ago (I've been here for over a year).

They will only hold my package for 5 business days and I can only pick up on weekdays between 10:00am and 6:00pm. I am on vacation out of town next week. These packages were already both running late.

UPS is quickly becoming a bad joke.

Review about: Ups Delivery Service.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

I agree, they're a bunch of *** over their! Aussie Morons, hey they don't need to be a high school grad to work there? :(

And to add to yesterday's comment, my new backpack and a second package were stolen from my door. Thanks a lot, UPS. Thanks a lot, klepto.

Metamora, Michigan, United States #170192

I never expected the package to be in two places at once. I did, however, expect that they could transfer between facilities.

I thought the stolen item thing may have been the case (as I had a video game stolen from my door two months back - also UPS). Then I got two more items delivered this morning. I put up a note "PLEASE deliver to front office. THANKS!" They left it at my front door. I just called the front office to be sure - they have not received anything from UPS.

Hopefully my packages will be there when I get back. They definitely cost a lot more than that book.

"I look up locations on the website and see that there is one 15 minutes away from me AND on the way home from work. I call UPS and I'm told that I can only pick up the package in the location far south."

Did you expect the packages to be in two places at once?? lol.

Seriously though, if you signed a door tag and the driver still did not leave the packages, then you can bet that there have been items stolen recently off of people's porches in your apartment complex, and that's why he no longer does it. If that's the case, then no unfortunately the driver will not leave it, for insurance purposes. It stinks that dishonest people have to ruin it for everyone else in the neighborhood.