Chicago area Insurance investigator office in Northbrook lie.I sent jewelry in heavy plastic cases surrounded by bubble wrap, packaged by UPS, they crushed the plastic boxes and broke the handmade jewelry.

not only did they ignore the $4000.00 insurance that I paid for, they told me my designs were worthless costume jewelry. I had to email all of the Sr. management from the UPS website to get any money back. Then it was just 30% of the value.

Go to the UPS website. Email is first initial last name @UPS.com. Write them all!!!!!

They are the worst!They need to be on the new reality show for bosses.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

First off, UPS doesn't package things.UPS Stores, which are independantly owned franchises, do pack items.

If you did take it to a UPS Store to have it packed, I would take up your claim with them, as they would be responsible if the packaging was deemed insufficient.

Second, insurance values of damaged items have to be documented. They don't just pick arbitrary percentages of the supposed value to pay.

I can't purchase $10,000 worth of insurance coverage on a used toothpick and then expect to be paid $10,000 if it breaks during shipping.That would be insurance fraud.

If this is something you sold for $4000, then that would be enough proof of value, and you'd have a legitimate appeal.