I bought a used digital piano a couple of years ago that came in a professionally designed and built hard shell case made specifically for this item and it arrived safely.I re-sold it recently, paid nearly $200 to ship it, and it arrived to the buyer damaged beyond repair.
The latches to the case had several layers of packing tape going around the case to prevent accidental opening. They denied my claim for damages and cited "insufficient packaging" and noted the case was not damaged. When I got the item back from UPS it was plain as day that the case was in fact significantly damaged and had obviously been dropped from a significant height.
I will never ship with UPS again as long as I live.Avoid them.
More Review Details
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Two chests shipped by UPS were destroyed in transit. UPs refuses to accept liability and bounces me to the local shipping agent, who bounces me back to UPS. UPS then..."
- "I have an expressed written submitted request for "signature only delivery with UPS. UPS is NOT to leave a package without my signature! Today for the 3rd time in..."
- "after the death of my mother i decided to move back to newfoundland.i sold most of my pocessions only keeping 18 boxes in total.phoning several companies i decided u.p.s would..."
- "...I noticed that the leather is peeling off from lots of places.I didn't even use the bag..."
- "Someone stole my credit card information and made two purchases. The genius purchased the items using my address and attempted to drop ship them to his address but was too..."
- "You know, there are good website hosting companies out there, there are average, there are bad... and then there are outright thieves. I am not talking about the: "Oh, they..."
- "Google Youtube URL thief Ben Wallace, employee for Google UK in London, former Oxford University studentI have a oxforduniversity youtube domain name that I registered for first, what happened was..."
- "Appt 1 - Tech arrives and states he can't go onto the roof to install on the best location (Chimney) due to new rules which require fall protection and a..."
- "I ordered a dining table online on Sept 12, 2012, it took 6 weeks to deliver table, when I received table, it was not wrapped in bubble wrap to protect..."