UPS – Failure to deliver and don't ask why!

I shipped over 20 boxes of household items, weighing a total of over 1300 lbs from Hawaii to San Diego. One box, marked FRAGILE, NO NOT SHIP FLAT, was full of pictures in frames, posters in frames, oil paintings, etc.

UPS dropped 8 boxes on one day and about a dozen more the next day. The driver said that one box was given back to his supervisor because he heard the sound of broken glass inside the sealed box. BTW the box weight 49 lbs. The next day, checking the tracking code online, the note stated that the contents were missing and the box was discarded! That was 6 weeks ago, UPS refuses to talk to me, saying that I have to get information from the UPS store in Hawaii. The store manager has tried, in vain, to get any kind of information about the contents and what happened at the UPS depot where this all happened. I have called, emailed over and over again, plus filed a claim several weeks ago. Believe me, UPS will NOT CALL YOU about these issues. You have to call and ask for supervisors, all of which are in Atlanta or somewhere else, looking at a computer screen which tells them nothing or at least nothing that they can relay to me personally.

The Hawaii store manager offered to transfer the claim authority over to me, which UPS headquarters refused to do.

UPS strategy apparently is to stonewall, deflect, and ignore their customers, all the while protecting thieves and liars within their organization.

I propose a class action suit to force UPS to deal with their customers, when it comes to determining what happened to their own personal property which has somehow become "lost" in the UPS system.

UPS... SHAME ON YOU!

Comments

freshmotty
Denton, Texas, United States #806402

I worked for UPS as a driver helper for several months. Every time we would pull into an apartment, he would sit at he entrance for a few minutes writing out non-delivery slips and then run around putting them on the doors.

He said it was faster than knocking. Oh, if you are expecting a package, hide any valuables outside your house because the UPS man WILL steal them!

I have been waiting for my new 900 dollar golf clubs for 2 weeks, and I finally find out that they are lost. Now i have to wait probably another week or two to find out where they are and if they were stolen or not.

then if they can't find them, i have to wait another 2 weeks for them to ship another set of clubs to me. I HATE ups!!!

UPS lost my jet boat parts that have not been made since 1989 and are impossible to find.I found the last available and they lost them making my boat worthless again.customer satisfaction my rear!incomplete off subject answers and idiots on the phone!to *** with UPS!never again!!!!

I am agreeing with the class action suit as they have lost my two boxes full of all of my valuable belongings. And are unhelpful. Please, a class action suit is very much needed to bring this horrid company down!

They lied and said they delivered it at 5pm I was home waiting for it, and no one came. It was a $250 brand new nook tablet. They are scandolous.

I request everyone not to use UPS service. My academic transcripts from my home country in South Asia got misrouted to France in late December 2011 and now the the status says uts sitting in Louisianna.

Upon checking customer service international department, they do not know why there is a delay at Louisianna. Please I request you not to use UPS and save yourself time and money.

UPS SUCKS. Will never use them ever ever again.

They lost our keys to the house and car and I get to speak to bunch of $$$$$$$$ at customer service.The keys were dropped off at doorstep according to them. I was home and no one delivered them and no note ever.

I think the driver has either delivered to the wrong address or has fraudulently kept them. Pissed off with their service.It's time someone took action against them.

Ever hear the phrase don't blame the messenger?

UPS doesn't impose tariffs, your country's customs dept does; hey, someone has to pay for that 'free' healthcare. If you declare the value at $1000 guess what, that is what customs will determine the value is and charge accordingly. It certainly isn't the fault of UPS that Canada wants to squeeze every penny out of it's citizens.

My partner mailed me my engagement ring on the 4th of November. She resides in South Carolina and I reside in Canada.

She had previous to this, mailed me a 50 pound box of items and no issues were had. UPS even phoned to confirm this was a gift going to a residence. It arrived without issues. She attempts to send my ring and it is delivered COD saying I would $212 dollars because of the rings value.

It is a 100 ring insured for $1000 as requested by the UPS teller. I was forced to refuse the COD as they knew I would by my postal code in the DTES. They sent it through brokerage, which I did ~not! request and then informed by fiance that she would have to pay the $212 dollars here plus an additional charge which brough the total to $450 dollars.

I am sitting here waiting for my mother f^&*ing engagement ring in the downstairs lobby. According to UPS it was on the truck and listed as an urgent delivery. It should have been on the first truck out. I ~know~ someone from UPS saw the ring and decided that they deserve it, they even suggested I abandon it.

I have a brain tumor and all my girl wanted to do was put a smile on my face after the bad news I received. Thanks to UPS that isn't going to happen.

I shipped a box up to nyc from my home in Texas because I recently relocated. Three 50lb boxes.

All three had massive holes in them. While not of significant monetary value but of very significant emotional value, I had books and some clothing missing from a box that was delivered with giant holes in the side. All the books that were delivered were ones in which personal notes of dedication had been written on the inside cover. Its embarrassing that such an organization can't retain trustworthy employees.

If you call them, they are the least helpful employees with the worst customer service support. I have since changed to FedEx.

#320452

I shipped a 16" X 16" X 14 ", 108 lb. well built wooden box, with lid, from the Pine Bluff, Arkansas facility. It was trucked to Little Rock ( 40 miles away ) the same night and hasn't been seen since.

Pine Bluff has washed their hands of the matter and Little Rock denies ever seeing it.

I have called repeatedly , e-mailed , even visited both terminals in person about my package, all to no avail.

The 1-800 system for UPS is a joke as is the online support system.

The package was destined for Westminster,MD.

I shipped on 6-27-11 and now , a month later , I still can't get UPS interested in my box.

I sent my sister a D&G purse with a Coach bracelet zipped up inside as a Wedding/Birthday/Christmas all in one super gift. (Believe me, I NEVER spend that much usually). I purchased a birthday mailer from the UPS store and they sealed it up for me.

She received the purse, but her birthday mailer had been torn open and the bracelet was gone.

It was shipped from the UPS store to her PO Box in Alaska -- everyone in AK has PO Box, so UPS will ONLY ship to a PO Box there. Therefore, it was ONLY in their employees hands. It's not like it was left outside and left vulnerable to the public.

Ridiculous.

Fighting with them now to get reimbursement.

They claim it might have fallen out during shipment because I didn't seal the mailer correctly.

I DIDN'T seal the mailer at all. Their employees did. And I used THEIR mailer, not one from home. And the bracelet was ZIPPED inside the purse, not loose in the package.

*Damaged mailer --> Fine. Not a big deal. I understand that packages get tossed around. As someone noted above, it has got to be a physically tough job and there's little time to be delicate.

*But this is a case of straight out theft.

Main issue with UPS is they don't require signature for an EXPENSIVE package, and if they lose it or deliver to the wrong address there is NO proof. I got the driver to admit he delivered it to the wrong place (after 5 days of calling to find out why my delivery confirmation says delivered) and found out it was an unused apartment, but no package outside (of course, a week later it's not gonna be there!).

That was 6 months ago, and my claim has been accepted but they have yet to finish reviewing the documents about what the package was and what it's worth (though the shipper, sears, sent everything when they were told to) . . another issue, UPS doesn't contact the shipper to tell them they lost the package, and they can't tell you, the person getting the package, ANYTHING! You .

. YOU. . i say again YOU!!

are responsible to contact the shipper and tell them that they have to contact UPS to find out what UPS needs from them. REALLY? UPS loses stuff, and we have to babysit? F-THEM!

Still no package, no money, nothing. $500 camera has been missing since October (so yes, we missed getting pictures at my birthday, engagement dinner, thanksgiving, christmas, new years, v-day) .

. RiDiCuLoUs!

I left my iTouch at my Aunt's when I visited them in New York. She sent it back alon with a few other things, and huess what, out of all the items, was missing?

My iTouch! I had so much money in apps invested into that thing!

I am so mad! :(

#220528

UPS says they delivered, left at front door, an 1100.00 camera, no signature. I never received anything and was home all day.

The driver obviously stole the package. Now I'm fighting with the seller cause ups says it was delivered, even though I spoke to them directly and told them it was not. they seem to think they pay their drivers enough that they wont steal an obviously expensive package, the driver probably opens packages that look like they're worth stealing then keeps the ones he wants and reseals the ones he doesn't. scans the packages delivered with no signature and gets away with it.

OUTRAGEOUS!!! NO MORE UPS FOR ME, I Never had this problem with FEDEX

#219787

ordered a tv from amazon on nov. 22nd. it shipped via ups. was due for delivery the 29th, but never showed up. it was marked as "out for delivery", then expereinced an "exception" and was "forwarded to facility in location city". amazon pointed the finger at ups (which i'm likely to belive), and ups at amazon).

after numerous customer service e-mails to amazon, i was able to have a replacement one sent on december 5th. i had a trace put on the previous "lost" shipment, but to no avail. amazon even upgraded to "one day shipping" for me (i thought it would lessen the chance of loss). as of 5:19am ups lists this tv as once again "exception" and "forwarded to facility in location city". no one can explain to me what this means, and i'm convinced a 2nd TV is missing. i'm just told to wait.

ups is absolutely infuriating. i have faltering hope that the second shipment will show up today.

#207924

Ups lost my item but on page of tracking detail they said it was delivered on time. I spend all week at home when they should delivered it and I haven't seen any ups track around my house!!! :( - who know which company has real respond service

Vila Velha, Espirito Santo, Brazil #207251

When I ordered a typewriter from eBay, UPS smashed two before delivering one with only minor damage. I don't know how or whether the vendor settled with UPS, as I only dealt with the vendor.

But a 66%+ failure rate is deplorable. A few years later I shipped some WWII memorabilia to Florida. Within a day, the tracking info showed that it had been sent to the wrong state. Both the UPS Store and Customer Service refused to act, and the package never turned up.

It was very large and well labeled, which tells me that it was either ditched or stolen by somebody within the organization. If you try to make a claim, they put you through hoops.

I would never use UPS for anything of value or that is time sensitive. It's purely hit or miss.

#204508

ups is fukin bulsshhhittt!!!!! *** i want my item i ordered wtf!!!

#200908

I work for UPS, management doesn't give a rats bottom about your packages. They give the preloaders 4hours to load 1300 pieces.

That comes out to almost 300 boxes weighing 20 to 100 pounds in one hour! If you hate UPS, don't ship through us. Plain and simple. If you can't wrap a box, don't ship it through.

If your box can't pass a 3ft fall, DONT SHIP IT. Get the point? And if everyone on here is so complaining about this and that, get out of your freaking cubicle job, and try REAL LABOR for a living. this place is a freaking joke!!

it's only going to get WORSE.

Freaking SLAVE LABOR. It has to end!!!