In the past 3 weeks UPS has destroyed a shipment causing me to have to refund money to a customer for items I cannot replace (Vintage glassware), took me 3 weeks to a get a refund and reimbursement.Now they have returned a package to me as unable to be delivered (Based on information on their website you CAN ship to a PO Box as long has you have a telephone # - I had two of them!).

Unfortunately they have returned the package to my old address (haven't lived there for almost a year) even though the address was updated in "My profile" on their website. Unfortunately, their system apparently doesn't let "My account" know I moved and it doesn't tell you you have to update both sections - really idiotic in today's world! I've now spent almost 2 hours on the phone trying to get them to pick up the package and return it to the correct address. They can't do that without changing my account status (temporarily) and I can't do anything until Friday!

Of course they are going to charge me for this privilege! Even then I have to call them (again - the first part took 5 phone calls!) and actually set it up over the phone. I'm guessing this will take another 2 hours and at least 3 or 4 inept employees before I find someone who knows what they are doing.

WHATEVER YOU DO - DON'T SHIP UPS!!

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

MattD78
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States #815602

UPS will only accept shipments to a valid street address.We do not deliver to P.O.

Boxes. If a shipper should use a P.O. Box address, the recipient´s telephone number must be included on the label. Your package that is addressed to a P.O.

Box may be delayed, will not be covered by any UPS Service Guarantee, and will require an address correction charge.Additionally, Army Post Office (APO) and Fleet Post Office (FPO) addresses are not accepted.

That is the information directly from the website, original poster.

Waxahachie, Texas, United States #815439

Show me where it states on their website where you can ship to a P.O. Box.

Kerman, California, United States #815307

Sad part is that you'll still continue to use UPS.