Resolved
Additional Fees
Insurance Quality
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

On June 2nd, I paid UPS $343.00 to ship a 79 pound, manufacturer packaged, piece of furniture from California to Alaska as a gift to my niece.Upon arriving, there were holes in the box, and about 1/3 of the furniture was damaged.

I submitted a claim, and at the same time, got a free set of replacement parts from the furniture company. UPS picked up the package, examined it, and then on July 21st, informed me that he claim was going to be denied. My plan was to ship the replacement parts up there to fix the piece of furniture (using FedEx of course), but UPS, without telling me, shipped the package back to me AND charged me $138.00 additional for the shipping.

I have now paid $481.00 in shipping and now have damaged goods which were not damaged when I shipped them.UPS truly sucks.

This person wrote the review because of damaged or defective of ups delivery service from Ups. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $731 and wants Ups to have the product delivered.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

Newark, New Jersey, United States #1202143

After three phone calls and a lot of yelling at UPS, they finally took responsibility for what they did to my package and refunded all of the shipping. They did not need to refund the cost of the damaged item since the manufacturer had already sent replacement parts, so I did not require them to pay me for the merchandise.