Expected a package to be delivered via 2nd day air on 30 December 2013. At approximately 2:00pm on that date, there was a knock at the door. Although it only took me a moment to answer, the driver was already driving away. I can only assume he had pre-written the notice I found on the door.

Delivery was rescheduled for the next day, but no delivery attempt was made on 31 December 2013, despite assurances by UPS customer service, and the "out for delivery" notice on the website. Someone was within a few feet of the door all day and evening.

The 2nd day air package (needed for a New Years Day event) was finally delivered on 2 January 2013.

This was unfortunate and frustrating, but wasn't the worst part of my recent experience with UPS.

Numerous attempts were made via Twitter, the UPS website, and email, to get some sort of explanation about what went wrong. Representatives of UPS did nothing in response to the situation but offer scripted responses, lacking in any specific detail which would indicate that they cared enough to look into the problem. A string of non-answers, phony apologies, delaying tactics, handoffs to the next "customer service" rep to tell me how sorry they are that I'm frustrated, and how much they want to "get to the bottom of this."

The problem? They never really do anything; they never act on the feedback or information I gave them.

Review about: Ups Delivery Service.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments