Ups employees are crooks and customer service gave me the"not us" run around
i ordered 2 books from Barnes&Noble.com.the box arrived opened and taped back shut with 2 little pieces of 1/2" scotch tape(the kind we all use to wrap gifts not shipping/packaging kind).
you could see that someone had pushed in on the top til the tape and shipping label ripped and then pulled one flap sideways from under the tape that didn't tear at the ends. the air pillow had been punctured the shipping slip inside was obviously unfolded and mangled when they pulled it out to look in the box and then put back folded wrong. they tucked the flap back under the tape ends before putting the tape pieces on too. one of the books i ordered was an 826 pg hardback the weight of which combined with all the Nook ads on the sides i believe led the ups employee to think or hope he/she was going to score a free Nook tablet.
instead my books were face cover down and the hardback has moisture damage to all the pages. B&N always ships their books face up so it's the first thing you see after removing the shipping and packaging materials. the night ups delivered the package to the post office their was heavy rainfall in Wichita,Ks where my pkg. was delivered to my very small town post office from,we however had no rain in our area that night.
when i called ups they actually started off saying the didn't deliver it my mailman did. when i pointed out they delivered it to the post office they tried to insinuate than my post man of more than 10 yrs was the would-be attempted thief. our post office is so small with few employees and i also know most of them. there is no way he would be able to get away with doing things like this,at least not for long.
ups also admitted if it had showed up at any of their facilities along the way in this condition it would have been examined and re-taped with shipping tape, as my local P.O. also would have done if it hadn't already appeared to have been re-taped.
Now i have to see about getting my $30.00 book replaced by B&N.i've already been waiting for years for Diana Gabaldon to publish this latest novel in her Outlander book series(started in 1990) which i own all of in hardback.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Here is what I wrote and am thinking about sending to any local news agency. Not that it will change anything any way but its a good way to..."
- "Delivery-First Attempt: I was at work but checked the tracking every hour on the hour till 9 PM that day. No updates until the next day where tracking said that..."
- "This is very upsetting ...i only apply for job helper i do not understand where all these problem coming from..."
- "DiskDigger is often a data recovery software solution for all users that recouping your deleted or prepared files through the storage media associated with your operating system, which include various..."
- "I placed an order for a LIMITED edition T-shirt in Oct 2016 and received nothing so far (3 months passed). I tried the "Order Tracking" via the "Email us" on..."
- "Someone stole my credit card information and made two purchases. The genius purchased the items using my address and attempted to drop ship them to his address but was too..."
- "I RECEIVED A CALL FROM A WILLIAM GIBBS INSISTING I OWED $1398. HE INFORMED ME THAT HE HAD ME ON RECORDING, AS WELL AS, A COPY OF MY SIGNATURE AND..."
- "Been with AT&T over 15 years and in the last 2.5 years it's been ***. It started out to be a simple phone upgrade! Not only did they do the..."
- "I ordered six different items of clothing from them and none of it looks like the pictures from their website. It is such a hassle to get in touch..."