4.7K views

My sister shipped my a package that was scheduled to be delivered on 1/16/2008. The contents of the package were a designer travel bag, and inside of the bag was about $200.00 worth of baby clothing that was meant to be my 8 month old daughter's Christmas gifts. My sister doesn't ship things often so she didn't get signature confirmation, also she knows that I am a stay-at-home-Mom and usually am home most of the day.

I was out strolling my daughter infront of my home on 1/16/08, and I was about 10 foot from my home as I see the UPS driver crossing the street to get back in his truck. I thought "great, my package has arrived!" ...Well I could see my front doorstep and see that there is no package on the steps. I immediately checked the bushes, the side carport, and the back of the house. I even checked under my SUV, nope--still no package. I then called my husband because I found this suspicious; my husband attempted to reassure me that surely the driver would be coming back later in the day, and that he probably just didn't want to leave the package in plain site. I waited until the end of the day, and still no package.

I tracked the package online and see that the driver marked it as "delivered" and the time was 2:48 P.M., which happened to be 3 minutes after I saw him get into his truck. At 2:48 P.M. I was searching my yard high and low for this package--so yes I had the right driver. I then called UPS and explained the story that I saw this driver with my own two eyes, and that in no way did he deliver this package. My husband even checked with our neighbors on both sides of our home, and nope--no package.

I called UPS again this morning, as did my sister who was the shipper. My sister made more progress with UPS and demanded they call the hub to speak with the driver or supervisor. Apparently the driver is sticking to the story that he delivered my package. He is a THIEF and a LIAR, and I will make it my number one priority to have him fired. I cannot believe UPS employs people like this. They claim they are doing an investigation and that could take up to 8 days. What is there to investigate when the customer is telling you they SAW YOUR DRIVER AND HE DID NOT DELIVER THE PACKAGE.

I will NEVER use UPS again. My husband is a power seller on EBAY and does TONS of shipping. Never again. I will not purchase online from people who intend to ship UPS either. This is unnacceptable! Who in the world steals from an 8 month old?

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

Blair, Nebraska, United States #1206466

Thing is they can't verify your story with any other evidence it's your word against the drivers and you very well could have gotten the package and are trying to get some extra money from UPS through a claim.

Not calling you a liar but as a third party looking at this you cannot prove that you did not get your package.

This happened to my sister also only it was a $5000 Rolex and we think the owner of the UPS stole the watch.No support for UPS and they act like she's trying to get $ from false claim.

They have the worst customer service on the face of the earth.Thank god it was insured.

Brooklyn, New York, United States #904233

I had a recent experience with them.I dropped a pair of shoes on their drop box to be sent back to LL bean for an exchange (that was November 2).

It appears that the item was not scanned from the origin, when I checked it yesterday, Nov 20. I called both UPS and LLBean, and to my dismay, they can not do anything about it. UPS appears to be blaming me for this mishap. Seems like they think i'm making up stories to get a refund.

Our UPS guy might have new LLbeans for winter on my expense.

How can they sleep at night?Bunch of thieves and liars.

I had the almost exact incident happen to my wife and I on

November 5, 2014.I driver marked the package as delivered, but never even came our house.

I called UPS and they're defending his story that left the item next to the front door.I was working outside around my house all day and didn't even see a UPS truck all day.

to kenswansea 2 Bremerton, Washington, United States #960317

I had something similar happen to me..

Marked as delivered and saw no UPS vehicle all day. On vacataion and was waiting for a game I ordered. Saw it was delivered when it wasn't. Called UPS and they said they would open an investigation after speaking with the driver.

. Over an hour later the driver shows up at my door and tells me he read the address wrong. . As I get the package and go inside I looked at it and there was a nice fat tear in the side just big enough to see the title.

I talked to neighbors and not one said they received a package in my name or they would have run it over immediately. . I don't know if he got the call and had a change of heart but all I know is I called the second it said there was a package delivered when there wasn't.

Don't waste any time contacting them.The sooner the better.

I had the same type issue. United States Postal Service is much more honest and reliable then UPS is.

On July 5, 2014 I bought a 50" tv, basketball goal, and basketball from amazon.com, 2 day delivery.According to UPS tracking, the tv was to be delivered on Monday.

Monday was perfect because I am off every Monday. The goal was going to be delivered by FedEx on Tuesday, and the goal did come as expected. The UPS driver came to deliver a small box which contained the basketball. I asked the driver where was my tv.

This was a new driver; my husband knew and used to work at UPS with our regular UPS driver. The new driver looked at me and asked, "What tv?" I explained to him that my tv was supposed to be delivered today along with the basketball. He muttered in a smart tone, "I don't know nothing about a tv." My husband called UPS customer service and was told that the tv is on another truck, so we should be getting it by 8:00 pm EST. After this time passed, my husband called again and was told that the tv would be delivered the next day.

The next day came and still no tv. My husband made contact with a supervisor who he knows personally at UPS. The supervisor told him that the truth is the tv is lost and to contact UPS to get another tv. How in the world could a big box like that get lost????

My husband told the supervisor, "Remember I used to work there. Someone stole the tv." Amazon ordered a new tv, which was flawlessly delivered by FedEx the next day.

I never want to use UPS again.

Beaverton, Oregon, United States #834974

My latest UPS delivery arrived quietly outside my door a busted open box with all merchandize gone.Apparently, UPS accepts only claims from the shipper.

All I could do is filing the police report that day and communicate with the shipper for a resolution.If the shipper takes no remedy, a charge back by my credit card since I am not in the delivery contract with UPS.

Palm City, Florida, United States #829096

Ups stole my package.if anyone doesn't believe me I have it printed the destination scans.Someone in the warehouse stole it.

will never use ups again.burn in *** ups.

I recently had a package sent to me from my son who is currently in N.M.We inquired about UPS shipping ammunition, & they said it wasn't a problem.

When my pckage arrived the ammunition was missing, but there was a woman's shirt in the open box.Not happy!!!