Paid extra to have delivery today and took day off work by UPS. Stayed in all day in a quiet close with windows open checking every vehicle which came down. No van all day yet the website said the parcel was being delivered today by the tracking. As the evening drew close after waiting since the morning the following message came up;

"Our driver requires security access for this delivery. We are attempting to obtain the access information. "

I sensed this was code that the driver could not be bothered to deliver. After a hour of waiting I called their phone number (Tel: 03457 877 877) where a call center in India answered and stated the driver had alleged he tried to drop parcel off but could not get in. There was no leaflet in the letter box, no door bell ring, no van came down the street, the driver lied. I explained this to the call center and they would get the depot to call in 30-40 minutes. Eventually the depot called and said they couldn't deliver today but could deliver tomorrow when back at work which was useless. They stated they would give a call tomorrow on why the driver could not be bothered to deliver the parcel. However they could not refund the extra cost I paid for a specific day delivery. :(

UPS Unforeseen events = Driver can't be bothered and will lie to say they came.

If you can elect Royal Mail or Parcel Force instead of dodgy UPS

Review about: Ups Vehicle Driver.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Phone number to chase up.

I didn't like: Driver lied, Company incapable of delivering, Poor web tracker no information.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

London, England, United Kingdom #1035909

The exact same thing happened to me yesterday (London - U.K).What a disgrace !

I had taken a day off work to wait for the UPS delivery of a special present for my daughter. Now all she is going to get is a picture of it.

On their website they say "Our driver requires security access for this delivery.

We are attempting to obtain the access information." .Supposedly they tried twice both in the afternoon and 10:30 pm...what a dishonest lot