Verified Reviewer

Update by user Jan 10, 2021

UPS had opened a case. I called the week of December 21st to ask if I am able to replace the mailbox and what the status of the claim is.

The supervisor told me there is "literally no damage to the driver's car," so he is pretty sure the driver didn't hit it. I asked him if he had asked the driver why the driver had moved my mailbox out of the road and tossed it in my yard. The supervisor had not asked. I told him we have a rubber mailbox, so looking for damage to the vehicle was fruitless.

He told me there would be some kind of marking (not true, I myself hit the same mailbox about 6 months ago and there was no indication on my car I had hit it).

The supervisor informed me he would talk to his boss about whether or not we can replace our mailbox while the investigation is open.It is January 10th and I have not heard back from him. Meanwhile, my mailbox is being held together by reflective tape.

Original review posted by user Dec 11, 2020

UPS driver pulled up to my house yesterday and destroyed my mailbox. The driver was in a pickup truck/personal vehicle.

He broke the arm off our mailbox, so there is only a pole remaining. He tossed the remaining mailbox piece into my yard and proceeded to come to the house to deliver a package. He rang the doorbell and was about halfway back to his car when I opened the door. When he turned around to look at me, all he did was wave.

My neighbor saw it happen.

He was talking to a friend in his driveway and when he heard the noise, he turned around and saw that the driver had hit my mailbox. The supervisor came out to take photos and interviewed me and my neighbor, but now is saying the driver denied the incident and that maybe it was an Amazon truck.

UPS was the only carrier out delivering to myself and my neighbors the day of the incident. How can you not believe a witness about a hit mailbox?

He also told me that if he accused the employee of what I'm claiming, he would have to terminate the driver.

Preferred solution: Replace mailbox.

Comments