Well the driver allowed someone else to sign for phone package i ordered in sept 25,2014 with out asking for ID first.

I already have new phone coming from my brother and well I paid with takes and shipping it cost me $ 440.00. If your company does not make this right soon I will be calling lawyer to sue for stupidity of the drivers of ups.

I am disabled and have heart problems and need phone at all times I don't need another phone I need money in amount I paid for it.

I don't want to replace it I want what I paid for it which is $ 440.00 as this is serious matter here. Also, I have no way to call ups on the 800 number as there are no pay phones near or by my house at all.

I can only do email and all and well my email is: maryannthornton92@gmail.com please email me once you get this email this is a very serious serious matter here.

Maryann

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

Florida, United States #900169

Here's a few things you should know before taking any legal action.For one, UPS never asks for ID unless the signature required is an "adult signature required." Also, the person signing for the package does not have to be the one whose name is on the package; anyone can sign for any package.

As far as I can tell from your story, UPS has no liability in the matter, as they delivered the package exactly according to the instructions they were given.

If, however, you still try to get your money back, you need to contact the company you bought the original phone from. UPS has some "declared value" coverage with every package shipped, but the original shipper would have to file for that, and unless there were any additional "declared value" purchased, it would only cover up to $100, and only if the claim were accepted. Being that the package was delivered and signed for, it seems unlikely that they would pay, but you could try.

Either way though, there isn't any chance that you're going to get them to pay for the additional costs accrued via your buying a new phone and having it shipped to you.

At most, they would only be responsible for the original lost phone.Honestly, if any company is really at fault here, it's whoever sent you the first phone, since they would be the ones who didn't choose the correct service so that you received your phone.