UPS was founded originally as the most economical and efficient option to pickup and deliver packages.As a former employee, I understood it's primary mission to service the packages as both a pre-loader and driver and to do it with a smile like the customer is actually important.

Well things sure have changed for the worst since I worked for the company from 1987 - 2002. First, let me be blunt, I detest this company to the fiber of my being. I will never do business with them if it can be avoided. Here is my story.

I had an over-sized package weighing 49 lbs (it was a mostly disassembled office chair) to drop off with a prepaid label and searched online for the nearest UPS Customer Center. BTW, all UPS hubs have these unless things have changed over the last 15 years. OK, great there is one about 5 minutes away from my home in the Independence area off of 170 in the northwest region of Dallas, TX. This is the online locator information: UPS Customer Center UPS C/C -INDEPENDENCE HUB 13700 INDEPENDENCE PKWY, FORT WORTH, TX, 76177-4002 Tel: 8174907302 Latest drop off:Ground: 8:00 PM | Air: 8:00 PM I load up the package in the trunk of my car and of course its sticking way out.

I get there and the attendant tells me they are not accepting packages here. I said, really, isn't this a customer counter? She says yes it is but we can't accept packages here. I said and why didn't it say that online?

She had no answer. It has been like this since 2014. Apparently the customer counter area is under construction. Now, go back up or check online yourself and notice it DOES NOT say packages are not being here.

OK, what angered me is a company as big as UPS should have said online package drop off is temporarily suspended at this location until further notice. Had I seen that I would have bypassed and gone to the nearest UPS store which BTW is 20-30 minutes away from my home. I wan't about to go there without verifying they would accept, so I had to go back home, call the UPS store to find out if they would accept it. They told me it was too large and I would need to drop at Dallas Fort Worth Airport main hub.

OK, this is completely unacceptable so you can only imagine I am furious by now. I convinced the guy that it is not beyond the limits of over-sized packages at least it wasn't when I used to work for them. I drove to the UPS store and they almost didn't accept it. After telling them the gentleman I talked to on the phone said it could be accepted and the fact that the Alliance UPS hub wouldn't accept it they took pity on me.

Folks, when I worked for these people they treated you like you were a number. It is obvious that customers are treated the same. Stay away from this company at all costs.

Use FedEx ground or air.Horrible company to do business with.

Review about: Ups Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Is to avoid using UPS and use their competitors..

I didn't like: Thoroughly unpleasant.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments