I waited all afternoon for an urgent delivery by UPS.Receipt was crucial on time and I made a special point of staying near the front door all afternoon until 6 pm.

Never happened. Later that evening when I went online to track it stated that there was no one at home to sign and the package required a signature. "Attempted delivery failed at 4.40 pm". No delivery notice was left so it is quite obvious that the driver made no attempt to deliver.

Maybe he was simply too tired to bother and decided I could wait another day?In future no UPS for me if I have the choice.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

#320459

I was waiting at my front door for a time sensitive package that I had overnighted.At around 6pm, I was a UPS truck drive past, deliver a package to the apartment complex next and then drive off.

About 15 minutes later, I got tired of waiting and went online to track the package where I saw "6:01pm, The customer was not available on the 1st attempt. A 2nd attempt will be made." I was at my front door waiting; that's the most immediately 'available' I could possibly be! No attempt to deliver was even made!

This kind of unreliability is ridiculous.I was so untrusting of UPS that I opted to walk an hour to their depot to pick up my package instead of wait for another driver.

This is exactly my experience.Delivery was scheduled for today-waited and waited, only to check the delivery status online and find "The customer was not available on the 1st attempt.

A 2nd attempt will be made". This customer was home-ALL DAY. I find it curious that they *supposedly* came by, yet there is no notification slip to be found.

I'm doubting that the delivery driver even came into the vicinity of my home.In the future, I will try to avoid doing business with online companies that use UPS.

I agree.UPS consistently doesn't deliver accurately and gives fraudulent reasons.

Fro example, my son ordered materials fro REI and got a card saying they couldn't deliver because of "Special Event - undeliverable" - that is baloney! I was home all day and there sure was no special event going on!

So he drove 30 miles to get the package himself and then the next day a notice came in the mail saying "Inaccurate deliver Infomation"!

What an incompetent company.How can they stay in business?

What an incompetent company.How can they stay in business?

Yes, I am researching this specific complaint as I've come to have it as well. I've started getting medication delivered mail order, and also live in an apartment unit. Not once, even when I specifically wait for the expected delivery (I also pay for 2-day shipping) , has a driver come to the door.

So when I head down to the area where the mailboxes are, I will find an attempt to deliver notice. There are these notices on several mailboxes. It is blatantly obvious that they never came to my door, which is several buildings over from the mailboxes, or else they would have left the attempted delivery notice on the door. Instead, they will leave these notices and drop them off at the leasing office, which I'd prefer they did to begin with, so I didn't have to wait for 2 "attempts" to get my package.

It should be mentioned that our leasing office is a good 1/4 mile away, and my medications are to treat a debilitating condition. UPS should be made aware that their drivers are fudging documents in an order to minimize their work, and I encourage all people who have similar issues to file a complaint directly with the company.