Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

Update by user Dec 02

By pure happenstance a UPS truck showed up in the neighborhood shortly after I posted my review.I spoke to the delivery person and while he wasn't there to pick up the damaged TV stand, he immediately offered to take it with him and to prepare the return label when he returned to the facility.

If all of the UPS staff were as conscientious as this man, they'd be a group on which we could rely.

So, the issue is resolved but no thanks to UPS corporate or the original delivery person.He never did return for the "third" attempt but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he was notified of the ad hoc pick up.

Original review posted by user Dec 01

Ordered TV Stand from Amazon on 11/20 with promised delivery date of 11/24.Per UPS' own tracking system, it arrives at the local facility on 11/24 at 12:55 am, where it sat due to UPS incompetence (the rep apparently reported that they had a lot of new people) until 11/28 at which time it was resorted to another facility which is maybe 20 miles away from the first facility.

It was then slated for delivery on 11/29. It was indeed delivered on 11/29 but after the delivery time window (got here after 8pm), with the box badly torn and the furniture damaged (you could see the damage quite clearly through the slit in the box). I immediately contacted Amazon to reject the package and unfortunately opted to have UPS pick up the package for return (it weighs 50 pounds so I didn't want to have to take it to UPS). It was scheduled for pickup yesterday 11/30.

That's when the lying began. Per UPS tracking, the first failed delivery attempt was allegedly made but to a different town than where I live. The second failed delivery attempt was allegedly made to my town but at a time when I was sitting in my kitchen waiting on the delivery person. And I had placed the box on my front stoop at 10am to make sure the delivery person saw it.

After multiple calls to UPS, I was told the delivery person had "agreed to return" and pick up the box. I'm not sure who is running the show at UPS but it ought not to be the delivery person who obviously already lied twice about the pickup. And for the record, I have had over the past week multiple frustrating calls with both Amazon and UPS about this mess, all to no avail -- just platitudes and false assurances . So here I sit on 12/1 waiting for the "third" attempted pickup.

I am not hopeful, and am curious to see if they lie again.I will then be faced with taking the heavy package to a local UPS center.

Review about: Ups Ground Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: I just want them to pick up the package and stop wasting my time..

I liked: No likes.

I didn't like: No sense of responsibility, Poor service, Customer service.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments