I mailed a Laptop that I sent to my customer. She recieved it and found that it would not work (run). I had her send it back to me, and then I sent her a refund. I confirmed that the computer was not in the same condition as when I first shipped it.

Filed a Claim. They come back and say the box was not strong enough. First, I ordered this box specifically for shipping this laptop which had custom foam cushioning inside. They said is was packaged find and no movement but that the BOX was "not strong enough to withstand shaking" The BOX has nothing to do with shaking!!

On top of that after they were done inspecting my damaged laptop, they returned it to my customer; to the person I have already refunded their money to.

I have other problem with damaged items through UPS after a long fight the claims were paid; which took 3-6 month each time.

Lesson learned DO NOT USE UPS, and think that just because you insured it that they will pay up. They will come up with something!

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

UPS Store packed items are guaranteed.UPS has to pay on Store packed items as per their agreement Store's get a presumption of proper packaging.

It sounds like they used a laptop box, it should have been fine of course items can still get damaged even with proper packing.

UPS will pay the claim if it was packed by the UPS Store.If the store claims UPS/Crawford won't pay, call their bluff, ask for a copy of the denial letter, if they have one insist on a claim dispute and remind them they have a presumption of proper packing per their cdv agreement with UPS.

UPS Did the same to me.I had a laptop that was shipped back to me that my daughter took on her vacation.

I called the local ups store where she was and arranged for the shipment. She dropped it off and the UPS Store packaged it with no padding in the box. Needless to say, it was damaged.

Now they are denying the claim.Item was insured.