Resolved
Insurance Quality
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

Update by user Dec 10, 2016

I don't know why but ups just delivered my package directly to me. Thank you whom ever caused that to happen

Original review posted by user Dec 10, 2016

Was awaiting next day air saver package.Tracking website placed package in Oakland (45) minutes from my house).

Called ups customer service around 2 was told by the representative (a live person) package out by delivery and we have it by 7pm. Called at 7:15 talk to representative again and told no it's our for delivery and would be delivered by 9pm. No package arrived. This morning website shows package in me lol park.

I called ups again and talked to them this morning. Told now package won't come till Monday. I asked hey was told Friday it was out for delivery two different times. They gave me a run around saying they told me what the system said was the original delivery date.

I asked for supervisor and was passed to one I'd number 2652. He tells me well the package was not picked up until after 8 pm at the originators so it won't be delivered until Monday. I asked him why I was not told this fact Friday when I called and talk to two different customer service reps. He told me that the phone representatives only know what's on the screen and go by the delivery date on it.

Which was Friday dec 9th. I asked then so your employees lie because you new the exact reason I didn't get my package on Friday so how is it that they did not know this. The origin scan is on the tracking page, so the should have told me no the package will not be delivered until Monday. He continued to just say the same thing over and over the customer service representative told me the delivery date of Friday because that's what the computer said it was.

but because the package was not picked up by ups until after 8pm on the 8th there is no way we could get it on Friday. So I called back again this morning to have package held at hub for pickup and was told sure if the originator calls and tells them to hold it then I can get it Tuesday, how nice. Then I asked this representative why I didn't get it Friday and he told. E it was because of the holiday season and the amount of packages in the system.

So know ups has two customer service reps who apparently can only read 1 field on a computer screen and re-state the obvious that the automated system tells you before you can even get to a representative. They 1 supervisor I'd 2642 ( I am with holding his name for obvious reasons) who can make e causes but not work to solve the problem and refuses to identify his boss or how to go over his head. 1 other customer service rep who blames the holiday season for the system giving a delivery date that can't be met based on the holiday volume. Let's not talk about the tracking website that yesterday stated delivery date as yesterday and last scan at 6:20am in Oakland and this morning it shows a scan at the Menlo Park hub and delivery date as Monday but it also now states the ups still has 1 business day left to deliver the package, that note was not present yesterday.

Think they don't wanna refund the shipping fee I payed? So employees who don't know what their doing or how the ups system really works, a computer system the first leads on to believe one date but when they miss can then point out that it's not ups fault so the don't have to refund you.

What else can I say seems ups needs to train their employees, their supervisors need to understand help don't gives excuses and a computer system that obviously needs to be updated to look at pickup times before it gives a delivery date.Images of the ups tracking screen submitted to show Friday's status and today Saturday's status notice the green arrow for delivery on both screens

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of ups delivery service from Ups. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $30 and wants Ups to "i want ups to apologize what's in the delivery so i can pay my rent before i get evicted which may be today so loss can be much bigger".

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments